Shoutouts to random PVPers

I see a lot of toxicity threads, witch-hunting, “shame this person please,” and whatever topics on the forum so I just wanna make this to show some respect to randos I fought online. I don’t remember their exact usernames, unfortunately.

An Ice Sailor Warlock:

I was on low health after fighting a lvl 260 NPC bounty, and he came up behind me as I was healing up and hunted me. He had the chivalry to dm me and say sorry for taking advantage of my low health. When I challenged him to a fair poster 1v1 at Shale Reef, he accepted, lost the fight, and still had the positivity to ask constructive questions about Mage playstyle. Thanks, whoever you are, you restore my faith in humanity.

An Iron Leg Warlord:

He and one of his friends had joined the server. He was a negative rep and his friend was positive, so when he RK’d me and I came back for revenge, his friend just spectated. We RK’d each other for a long time, about an hour (with posters), and neither of us could 100% wipe the other completely. Even if one of us lost, we’d leave the other person on extremely low health. He had roughly the same number of player kills as me and didn’t show that much toxicity at all compared to the worst I’ve seen. Every fight was awfully close, you were a worthy opponent.

A Warrior:

He and two of his negative rep friends pranked me as I joined the server by having a wind mage throw me into the stratosphere. I fought back against all three of them for a while, but lost basically every time. His two friends decided to sit back eventually and watch me 1v1 the warrior, but I still lost every time because I underestimated Fury of the Sea. After like half a dozen deaths, the toxicity calmed down, and he asked whether or not I wanted to continue seemingly out of sympathy. I said yes to gain experience. I never won a single 1v1 against this guy. Thanks for reminding me that even warrior is dangerous in the hands of a capable player.

Another Iron Leg Warlord:

I was returning from a DSE and I noticed that a good rep player combat logged in the chat. This warlord was the only bad rep player in the Nimbus server I was in, and I figured he must be prowling around Sameria hunting people, so I kept my eyes peeled for players as I unloaded my ship. Sure enough, when I turned my brig around, he jumped aboard and tried to poster hunt me. I got off my ship and fought him off on land, only narrowly winning against him. You put in a good effort, I’ll say that for sure. Had my mind not spent the 5 seconds deducing that you were around hunting good reps, I likely would’ve lost.

4 Likes

While im here, wanna share my expirience with a warrior as well.
He spammed FoTS when I was looting the secret at whispering caverns, I barely got out at about 200 health, and then he chased me down and killed, which made me lose my akursus keep chart. I decided that I’m not done until he leaves the server, and decided to raid his captured island (harvest). 2 fights later it changed into us having friendly 1v1s with him testing out weapons and me learning how to fight size builds. He even apologised for calling me names the fights prior.

I feel ya man. Sometimes the best friends are the ones you fought in battle :muscle: :facepunch: :fist_right: :fist_left: :fire:

1 Like

W post