Simple Inventory Toggle

Simple Inventory Toggle https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/0/4/0470c430ccd5b8faea242ed391f12bf238ccd460.png
effort 4.833333333333333 12 quality 4.916666666666667 12 reasonability 5.0 13

Add a toggle in settings to replace item images with decals.

Reasoning

When I use inventories a lot in a session, my FPS often reduces by a lot (compared to regular gameplay). I suspect this is because of the item previews.

Proposal

An option is added into settings that allows a player to change their inventories to be ‘simple’. This removes item previews and instead uses a decal based on the item type with text on top of it showing what the item is.

Mockup

29 Likes

If it helps out with the inventory lag, then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

YES YES YES
This would offer up so much less lag both in loaded inventory and actually inventory on the ` key.

1 Like

bro just sell all ur stuff (and give the money to me so I can buy a brig)

it shouldn’t say new tho

1 Like

I forgot to remove the new thing, was planning on making a bigger suggestion but scrapped 70% because they already been posted here before.

I remember Deepwoken doing the same thing. and everything for optimization.

this is good

please…

I need, I require.

Hire this man

ok so crazy idea:
what if vetex gave us the option to mass dye every single item in our inventory to a single color to fix the massive inventory clutter everybody pre-nimbus sea suffers with?

1 Like

I think the inventory toggle also helps with sorting (and selling) inventory since at first you have to constantly hover over the item to know what it is and if you want to sell it or not, now with this you can just read the text and instantly know what to keep and what to sell

I have been discussing with my friends about inventory lag and the concept is pretty similar.

Essentially we just use a png of an item and if its recolorable we just add what the color looks like on the top right of the box.

It is literally what Team Fortress 2 does with its cosmetic icons, why didn’t vetex thought of this

Because competency and game dev skill is something most Roblox devs lack (sorry not sorry)

1 Like

that looks so fine

literally no reason not to
the benefits would outweigh whatever negatives you can dredge up

DO NOT LET THIS MAN OUT OF THE KITCHEN! HE NEEDS TO KEEP COOKING!

simple and efficient solution, probably the best thing to do if sprites are not made

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.