Size Formula REWORK

it affects everything

if your attacks have a base size of higher than 1.25 then attack size has less of an effect on you, this means that size stacking warriors and especially conjurers or warlords get less benefit from putting on attack size, while there’s a less harsh drawback to using attack size on inherently smaller things such as thermo fist as long as the total is below 1.25 size modifier inherently

this affects mostly just large magics/fstyles and especially size stacking weapons users as a nerf, the rest of the population are getting a buff

trello doesn’t say anything about low affinities, i think it’s safe to assume vetex just addded some if statement that lowered atk size scaling if the affinity was > 1.25
it is vetex afterall

true, here’s hoping the bteam can shed some light on this

Nah, he actually added the formula.

It is just that he didn’t also increase Attack Size efficiency with the formula change (yet), so everything as it stands that has above a 1.0x size affinity will get an Attack Size nerf.

dang…

ykw i’m fine with that
vetex gotta take some rests yk solo dev can’t be adding everything in too hastily-

real quick, is it possible that a similar formula would be added for attack speed as well? Or would that not solve issues?

I might be cappin but I swear there already is one

Because I am a very gentle and nice human being
:blush:

It could be implement for Attack Speed, but it’d cause issues due to how Attack Speed affects startup. It’d have the side effect of being ridiculous on extreme affinities such as those on magic, and doing stuff such as making Metal blasts have a lot shorter cast times than Light Blasts with Attack Speed.

Everyone should gank archrono

I’d say that this rework seems pretty good. Size might be more viable for smaller magics now.

istg the ao forums is just like twitter but focused on ao

they’re fighting like an old couple, they should hurry up and marry already

But I have 0,85 size thermo so I will get an attack size buff fr

flare hates me? :cry:

Guess sunked is useless now but gotta check how bad the size went down

This an L small afinnities alr get huge with tiers

I am not convinced.

It essentially is rewarding magics that had small sizes when usually these have the highest speeds.

Already could be argued the light/lightning mages could be better than the explosion/earth mages even at munera sized arenas.
But now the one thing size magics had special do not scale with the same fairness as smaller magics.

Its almost as if now going for attack size on light could be a better strategy than doing it on something like explosion. Now you get size AND speed.