Sky islands rework

Sky islands rework
effort 0.0 0 quality 5.0 1 reasonability 0.0 0

Right now sky islands feel kinda of bland, yes they are very cool when you are in the part of the story but after that everyone jusg forgets about them…

I think this changes and additions would make them more unique and more fun and encouraging to explore when max level!

More islands :

I think one of the problems of the sky islands is the quantity of them, there is nothing to explore in any of them after you finish the story, there should be more wildernes and even some more cities for the sky islands, should be around the war seas

Sky ship rework :

Sky ships are nice by themself but with the new islands boats could become obsolete and people may not use then anymore so i propose that when you fall from your sky ship / islands you should die (there would be some exepctions like falling of town won’t kill you) and other thing may help the problem of falling

Return sky skates :

Sky skates back in AA where very very cool and fun to use, i think they should be changed to be sky islands exlclusive, like you can’t use them around sea level so they won’t be abused, this could fix the falling of the islands problem and would make going around the sky islands alot faster and better!

Encouraging content :

There should be more sky islands exclusive content added so people have a reason to come to them like, special lakes with exclusive fish, new loot, in new islands there could be another mini boss (like cernyx), more quests, more enemies and even some sky islands exclusive ship parts

Cirrus story rework :

Right now cirrus story feels kind of annoying to do because you need to reset alot while travelling because you either fall or need to go somewhere else for side quests, there should be some kind of teleport when doing the first ren quests and maybe even after you complete it in some sky islands there could be additional water heisers

3 Likes

There could be a black-out then the player is tped up the mountain under the pretense they climbed it (the player could explain how it was a pain to climb it again).

1 Like

yeah this is what i meant with teleport

Adding on to your idea, it would be nice if the sky islands had their own ecosystem (like how you can see fish swimming in the ocean/ponds in the ground, there could be sky fish that swim in the air between the islands).

3 Likes

I think sky islands may be more heavily addressed in the Nimbus Sea, but we would have to wait and see.

1 Like

imagine sharks with wings that attack you even inside towns lol

wow i wonder why the nimbus sea is called the nimbus sea
alright besides that

nimbus sea

idk about that, removes a fun part of sky islands aka skydiving from 2 km high and crash landing. its good when you are progressing through the story on sky islands and fall, but i mean they could just… reset
no idea why youd use a sky ship instead of a boat unless you happen to be driving one and think its funnier to be in the sky (it is). currently boats are way faster

no

once again nimbus sea
i like the lake thing tho, that could just become a new water type for the fishing journal

sure, having to climb the stepstones 3 times is kinda retarded just to talk to ren again. i dont think we need a permanent teleport button at the bottom of the stepstones, but it should do it automatically as you progress
i dont see issues outside of the stepstones tho, some side quests should force you to climb again otherwise its too easy (like the sky pumpkin quest), and you never have to jump down during the storyline except to talk to ren

Or simply move him to the cooking pot where the sky apples are. Still outside of town. And off to the side, but no longer need to go up and down the entire mountain.

i never said a teleport button for it tho? i meant for when you do that story part

im just specifying because some people want an option to always teleport after climbing the first time

The sky islands were the most interesting part of the map in my opinion so i agree with most of the changes

2 Likes

I think the citizens can defend against that

honestly, after talking to Ren once, he should appear at like the places where you get the sky apples, because coming down to him 2 more times is a bit annoying and really a bad quest design if you ask me ngl

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.