Slight Magic cosmetic addition

Slight Magic cosmetic addition
effort 2.0 3 quality 2.333333333333333 3 reasonability 2.333333333333333 3

This is a very simple addition, and would probably not take too long to code either.

Suggestion

I propose that, when a magic class equips it’s magic, a slight aura encases the hands. The Aura would be based on the type of magic. (Lightning would crackle round it, acid would drip pools of acid, etc…)

This would be mainly cosmetic, but it would also give [player] enemies a slight advantage when fighting the magic user, as knowing their magic is always useful.

Maybe Magic based builds could receive a slight buff to counteract it. (Although the mage build needs the buff the most.)

this is an ok reason to add it but aside from that its uncalled for. game’s optimization isn’t at its peak right now adding more effects will only fuck it over more.

2 Likes

eh i just think it would look cool.

1 Like

its a good idea on paper if magic circles didn’t exist. :fr:

for some reason I thought this said light magic cosmic variation :fr:

Wouldn’t that look too similar to an imbued warlock??

2 Likes

All other methods of combat, like weapons and fighting styles, can be visually seen when equipped either through them holding something, being in a certain pose, or both. This would help with giving magic that same visual feedback, though it could look similar to imbued fighting styles like dalaw said, or possibly too similar to imbued claws for conj and auras if the effect was changed to surround the whole body. Additionally, like another person in the forum pointed out, this could be bad for optimization.

i mean you can already kinda do that by changing the appearance of your aura to your arms or hands
sure itll just be normal lame particles but still

Probably the best build at the moment needs a buff?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.