Small Change to Clan/Non-Clan Servers

Small Change to Clan/Non-Clan Servers
effort 4.0 4 quality 4.5 6 reasonability 4.333333333333333 6

Explanation:

This one’s short and simple.
Non-clan servers primarily exist to allow players to remove themselves from competitive gameplay involving big clans.
They currently fail at this because alot of clan members from those big clans will intentionally join those servers to hunt smaller clans.

This is a solution to that problem.

The solution:

When a player in a clan above 25,000 infamy joins a non-clan server, they should be unable to gain or lose infamy from any source regardless of how many other clan members are in the server.
Of course, this also means that they would be unable to affect the infamy of other clans in these servers aswell.

If they wish to progress their clans, they should join the competitive servers.
This also gives those competitive players an option for when they simply want to play the game without worrying about infamy.

In addition, the server types should be clearly marked and visible in the menus both ingame and when selecting a server to enter.

Edit: Clarification

3 Likes

Sounds good to me.

A similar change to this was suggested by the balance team and vetoed by vetex, so as much as this would benefit the game I doubt it’s getting in

As soon as he can give a good reason why the system he implemented shouldn’t serve the singular function it was made to have, I will listen.

The one time balance team makes a suggestion I agree with…

Hell yeah

Pretty sure these players are kinda encouraged to join non-clan servers right now since AFK farming an island for infamy is the meta (or so i’ve heard,) which is just objectively easier in non-clan servers with less competition

I won’t deny it for a second, I fall cleanly into the category of “player with a decent infamy clan who is satisfied where they are and doesn’t want to deal with any more infamy bullshit”.

I am sure I am far from the only one.

I got the colored ship name and a decent sized galleon treasury to build with and that is literally all I wanted.
(though I really REALLY wish that upgrading the treasury wasn’t tied to infamy)

i agree with this statement

real :frcryin:

If it weren’t for this I could finally ignore renown-like number and simply play Arcane Odyssey in peace

I’ma be real:
Didn’t vetex very specifically say that clan building would have little to nothing to do with infamy?