Small Unhinged Rant About Swords

Small Unhinged Rant About Swords https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/9/f/9fa7bc1c5b93490e65801eca030eb25045505fae.jpeg
effort 4.875 8 quality 4.8 10 reasonability 4.846153846153846 13

Katana idle stance should look something like this

1 Like

i won’t even lie to you i was literally thinking about adding this to a suggestion i made yesterday (or two days ago i dont recall)

but anyway, to suggest the weight of the sword i’d make it two handed and the idle makes you hold it either, a, over your shoulder, or be, out in front of you like, all defensively (but for that the legs would probably be split apart so it doesn’t look too front-heavy)

which is the issue, it’s front-heavy and angled awfully.

different idle poses for different weapons like this would actually be sick. it’s definitely possible because Boxing has a different idle while the other fighting styles (other than Iron Leg) don’t quite as much (i think Thermo Fist holds hands out in front but i can’t recall)

but anyway, yeah, please change the idle :pray:

1 Like

why is this getting bumped so much whoah

Your character is holding the sword over their body, it’s a defensive stance. Ofc the foot placement isn’t ideal but there’s only so much you can do for an idle position when you need your animations for switching weapons to be snappy enough to not obstruct gameplay

So i think i went over those two points

1st: the current form isnt good as a guard as the footwork isnt right. If you’ll stick the sword out like that, you wanna stay at an angle to minimize exposure, exactly as you said

2nd: guards wont work either way since the way people use weapons in this world is rather different than what we used in our.

I particularly think having it by the side of your body would be optimal in this situation since your weapon wont obstruct your vision, allowing you to better aim and avoid attacks

I think pointing the blade towards the opponent is the more suitable approach since it makes it hard for them to estimate the reach of the blade. Also slightly crouching/hunching over is ok in minimizing exposure. This is mostly by experience, but again you’re right they fight differently

Okay is the bot on crack? I want some this is a good post

Bot is 100% biased and there’s no way around it