Smoke screen

Just something that’s been on my mind lately.

Remember the smoke screen during our fight with Shura?
It seems cool to imagine that with variations for different builds, for example:
A large temporary wall for solid magics
A smoke screen not much different from Shura’s for gas-like magic
A sudden flash of light/darkness for energy based magics and vitality
A smoke screen for wpns
A cloud of dust raised by hitting the ground for FS

How about something like that to abstract visual and gain time in PvP fights?

Obviously could be negated with the use of sensing, but that would still require time and create an opening.

3 Likes

so a sort of visual ‘blockade’ for the enemy?
that would be neat as a lost spell or something
except theres 1 problem
AI doesnt suffer from vision impairment

For that I said that it’s more for PvP content.

counterpoint: max attack size metamages that still hit you even though you deployed the vision blocker because the hitbox is so big

Effort :star: :star: :star:
Quality :star: :star: :star:
Reasonability :star: :star: :star: :star:

can be useful, maybe preventing npcs from chasing you

every magic attack already blinds you though

1 Like

Interesting concept, but some smoke screens would cause too much lag. Fire magic I believe is the laggiest. When you use your beam at 20, the game is so laggy. A smoke screen? Nah, that would break the game.

Another counterpoint: Light magic already blinds you. Thats like the special effect that makes light magic light magic. If everything had a smokescreen, then light wouldn’t be as special

Smoke pots:
Jokes aside I think it would be neat, at least after NPCs become affected by blinding, insanity etc.

Privelage to cook has been bestowed upon u good sir :person_with_crown:

Hold m1 while swimming with any heat based magic and you get a smokescreen of sorts.

But also yeah an actual magic smokescreen would be really cool to see.

So everyone forgot about smoke arrows? :sob:

Didn’t they get deleted from the game?

Yes but people are talking about smokescreens as if it’s a brand new foreign thing

bring back my smoke arrows

Smoke arrows were fun. I think they were in AO for a bit before getting removed. You could also storm of arrows with smoke ammo to create a big cloud

I still miss ammunition…
I remember having thousands of bullets and arrows bc I only used them for my guns when hunting sharks
they were cool though, having normal, silver and gold bullets and arrows as well as the smoke arrows