Solar Flare

The Anomaly…

I needed to draw an AO character and not my OC all the time lol, and Iris was the one character I really wanted to do for a while. Hope you guys like it~
(Idk if you can see she’s walking ;-; )

56 Likes

Man this looks awesome. Great lighting on the hair, glowing eyes (I love glowy things), and a sick pose!

1 Like

i like the lighting, cool art

1 Like

great art, also the effects are cool.

1 Like

Wrong!!! Your oc is sick

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

cloth material?
nice art

1 Like

She looks like she’s on her way to commit arson and regicide.

2 Likes

Now draw her doing the Fuga. (kinda reminded of it)

2 Likes

RRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good job!

1 Like

OOOOHOHOOOOO THIS IS SICKKKKK
Can you give me some tips on how to draw fire? That looks so much better than what I could ever do

1 Like

This was also my first time drawing fire like this. I actually almost went into another art block because I couldnt figure out how to draw solar flares, even with a reference, oof.

This was what the solar flares originally looked like. But I felt it was too empty, not badass enough, even though it did look pretty.

I accidently stumbled on a fire tutorial, and I saw that person basically just make a blob and then erase parts of it. A certain part of the progress looked EXACTLY like how I wanted to draw solar flares, so I did something similar.

I basically made a half circle (filled) behind Iris using the watercolor bleed brush, and then erased parts of it, creating rings of fire in the image. The eraser has to be at half opacity, because you dont want to entirely erase the thing. You should probably set the brush at half opacity too. The brush and eraser was also big so that it has “gaps”, idk how to word that better

I then just duplicated the whole thing and set it to “Add”. I didnt use gaussian blur cause it made the fire too blurry. If it aint bright enough or solid enough, duplicate the layers.

Oh, here was the vid that got me inspired. My method was different though, I only followed the first step and made my own take afterwards.

1 Like

For some reason i instantly imagined Iris with Yang’s theme

Whoa thanks! This is awesome :smiley:

1 Like

my most memorable moment of her was when i stack 2 exploding barrels at her area before starting the quest and then blow her up in one shot afterward

it was fun

Damn! This art post is absolutely FIRE!!!

1 Like