Some Forumers In Artists/Seasoned Writers Should Be Kicked Out

Recently, I’ve been looking at the Seasoned Writers group and also the Artist group on the forums, and it brought me to a realization about the forumers within them. A lot of Seasoned Writers/Artists don’t even post that often or at all. Now, I understand the leniency here as AO is still in development, why would they focus on making art or writings? Well, the thing is, even before a revamp was announced, there have been some users who haven’t even done anything concerning their roles. Here, take a look at this:

Note: This is not made to negatively call out any forumers

Here we have a forumer by the name of SnakeShot123 who has managed to get the Seasoned Writers role. Here, they seemed to have joined the forums in June 30th of 2020, yet has been last seen since August of 2020, a whole 2 years ago. Even when we take a look at their topics, it shows that the only topics they have made is to #marketplace, not towards any writings at all.

Next we have Nekosaikou, who we are all aware was relatively active in the writing category during their tenure on the forums. However, this user is now suspended, never to return to the forums ever again. Why do they still have the Seasoned Writers role when they cannot engage in writings in any way, shape, or form? A suspended user should not have a role such as this, personally.

Now, when it comes to the Artists group, it is partially better when it comes to seeing how active its users were when WoM was around, but it still does have its users who don’t post too. This next user, Knighterisk, is actually pretty good at what they do. However, if you look on their profile, they were only active in the month of July of 2020 for 18 days, a lot of months before the revamp was announced.

Now, I want you to look at this, because this may actually slightly shock you:

These are all users who haven’t posted anything on the forums. No, I don’t just mean that they haven’t posted anything in the #writing or #art categories, I mean they haven’t posted a single thing on the entirety of the forums! There should definitely not be a single user in the Artist or Seasoned Writers group who hasn’t even posted a single reply yet. These users all amount to 11 whole users combined from the Artist and Seasoned Writers groups, with way more being in the Artist category. Now, I don’t have the energy to even do this, but if this is the case, imagine how many added forumers there are who haven’t even posted in #art or #writing yet are in the group.

What should be done now?

Now, this post isn’t made to say that the mods/admins who run these groups are doing a bad job, I’m just pointing out something that should definitely be addressed. Once AO comes out, I think there should definitely be some rules for forumers when it relates to activity in order to be apart of these groups. I’m not saying that we should be having users crank out an art piece every week, because that should definitely not be the case.

Users who are inactive by a maximum of maybe even 2-3 months should not be in the group, and that’s a pretty generous amount of time. Art and writing should be activities in which forumers genuinely enjoy doing and not feel pressured to post every so often, but if a forumer isn’t posting much at all, there’s not much of a point for them to be in the group. What’s the point in calling someone an Artist when they don’t draw art, and what’s the point in being called a Writer when you don’t write?

Also, I also believe when AO is released, there shouldn’t be a sudden enforcement of the rules as users still need time to join back when they want to. Once AO releases, that is when the 2-3 month grace period should be instated, and then remove users from there.

Do you agree with this?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Possibly, but I’m not sure

0 voters

1 Like

Forum Patrol

116760_2 копия

13 Likes

this feels like an unnecessary waste of time

2 Likes

i’d honestly move it to 5-6 months at least instead of 2-3 months as it feels like ur pressured to churn smth out before those two timeframes.

it also gives a lot of wiggle room for any circumstances alongside of not wanting to write or draw often. i personally generally do my writing shenanigans mostly in the spring-summer time and very little instances of me writing during the mid autumn- to winter time.

not posting anything for like a year or two on the forums tho can be a bit wack role wise but it’s not like they’re permanently removed form the group, just gotta post again

why am I not on the list :frowning:

1 Like

I’d wait till a month after the game releases before doing this to those people because what if they come back to the forum after AO becomes way more active

2 Likes

5 Likes

I think the threshold for getting into the artist category should maybe just be more strict

You know Personally I feel like they’ll kinda just let anyone in

some guy draws a stickman and then says he uses acid magic is apparently enough to get in it feels like sometimes

for the artist category, they should have the arts already but decided not to post them who knows why since thats the requirement to get in thw group in the first place, i actually know that ciderly guy he have alot of ao or wom art that he posted on a discord server but idk the reason why he didnt post it on forums

i feel like they should have no time limit on that while i agree that forumers who dont even post at all be removed (and probably given their roles back if they active and want to post something) theres alot of artist that post once in a blue moon and are only using the forums to post their art, and ao isnt the only thing on their mind that they want to draw.

for me the current requirement is already enough (you need 3 pieces of vetex related art to join), no need to kick someone out unless they actually never posted anything for a long time or they got suspended permanently, some roblox games dont even have this type of requirement like u dont even need to draw the game at all to get the artist role

damn they really give seasoned writer to anyone at this point

Except me.

Well I’m still working on the story I’m gonna turn in so I guess it can wait.

no luck with liu?

I haven’t even put in the story for criticism yet.

or finished writing it.

oh i did not see this part
clown is me
:moyai:

it was small

Now that I’m reading this, I think 5-6 months might be more ideal than 2-3 months as I now realize 60-90 days isn’t really much of a big time as I initially thought