Some Stuff I've Been Up To!

So I wasn’t tripping then. I was kinda wondering if I was just spouting bullshit, but now I know I can actually spot details!

Ah, I see… Yeah, that 100% explains why I didn’t exactly see where the “problem” from the errors was.

…Oh. Damn. Was that an issue with the texture?

And ain’t that just the painful truth of the forums? The likes always run out at the worst times.

1 Like

to answer if it was an issue with the texture
basically when i make a model i gotta make sure that:
A: the topology is clean and follows the high poly model good
B: the uv unwrap is good and conserves as much space as possible (uv map is basically just like flattening the model onto a 2d surface of at most 1024x1024 pixels (for roblox atleast it can go up to 4096 i think but only on other platforms), that surface is shaped like the model somewhat and just tells the computer where to put the colors and normals and how to render it, pretty shitty explanation though
C: the low poly is the same size and position as the high poly sculpt
if any of that is poorly done then substance painter kills itself whenever i bake normals and just makes random parts of the model have big blotches on them
there was one on the lion’s halberd and tons all over the blade of the sunken sword but since it was just one sided stuff i posted it without fixing it, now that i’m tester though there’s a real possibility i could get stuff into the game so i had to actually make it look proper on both ends

so all in all it was an issue with the model and the texture since the topology was fucked up due to nothing but me being lazy

2 Likes

Oh. Just laziness did it.
…I ain’t gonna blame you for that, since I imagine that getting all of this right takes some real effort, but at the same time, laziness is one hell of a project fucker-upper.

yeah laziness is a big pain in the ass

2 Likes

Congrats on tester, Ins.

1 Like

We will gladly celebrate again if we could! We are really proud of you man cant wait until you get that contributor status :eyes:

1 Like

Maybe if vetex actually hires him for weapon reskins he can also have for Magic textures/effects, I heard vetex wanted to rework Shadow, Ice and Glass iirc, I don’t know if it’s the sort of thing Ins does tho.

2 Likes

Now that what I call beautiful

1 Like

WHAT THE HELL I DID NOT EXPECT THAT CONGRATULATIONS
:poggerfish:

1 Like

I’MBATUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM DUDE THIS SHIT LOOKS FIRE YOU GOTTA MODEL FOR AO

ALSO GRATS ON TESTER!!!

2 Likes

VETEX HAS TO FUCKING ADD THOSE

plz :moyai:

CONGRATULATIONS! Honestly, I’ve been waiting for this to happen for you