Someone do math for me

Luck only affects “rare” things so only rare fish count, which just fuels the luck train for longer

Rare fishes take awhile more to fish out, by like 3 times
but i think itl work out in favor of returning more legendary/golden fishes

Dark sea fishing gonna go hard with luck potions

Drinking that max potency pot of luck potions
WE FISHIN GOOD!!

Then find a golden cooking pot on a dark sea island

AO Players after using a T5 potion w/ a 4 minute and 11 second duration

4 Likes

Right now its a good idea to use your scales for jellyfish/brew potions cuz the potency is really good
itl get nerfed but you get alot of time for it.

rip

btw guys greatburst and gels exist

interchange party market will die, luck parties will be the new trend!!!

Id argue, interchange parties are still gonna be hosted
Its just you would be chest hunting instead of fishing for acrimonies

wait the example is wrong
1 in 10 is 10%
10% + 40% of the 10% = 10% + 4% = 14%
thats 1 in ~7.14

anyway now ill do the math
1 in 10 is 10%

T1: 10% + 10% of the 10% = 10% + 1% = 11% drop chance (1 in ~9.09)
T2: 10% + 20% of the 10% = 10% + 2% = 12% drop chance (1 in ~8.33)
T3: 10% + 40% of the 10% = 10% + 4% = 14% drop chance (1 in ~7.14)
T4: 10% + 70% of the 10% = 10% + 7% = 17% drop chance (1 in ~5.88)
T5: 10% + 99% of the 10% = 10% + 9.9% = 19.9% drop chance (1 in ~5.025) (so basically 1 in 5 if you have above average luck

this is how it should work tbh

1 Like

That’s how I think it should work, but it’s pretty bold to claim Vetex did the example wrong considering the fact he made the equation and likely punched it into a calculator real quick for an example.
We’re speculating what the equation is here, we don’t actually know it so something that gives an equivalent example to me is the most likely equivalent so long as it scales. Mistakes do happen, but this isn’t Vetex’s first equation so I’m pretty sure he can read it in a code format.

uhhhhhh pi

1 Like

yeah but why increase the odds of obtaining like that? (subtracting the % from the 1 in X chance)
thats confusing

wouldve been alot better (and less broken) if it were to just be increasing the probability itself

if vetex did it his way, the ‘common’ drops would ‘barely’ get any change when you compare it to a sunken catch probablility difference

if vetex went with the idea how i thought it worked, the ‘common’ drops would still be common (cant get any commoner than that), the rare slightly less rare and the sunkens would barely get any change

Pretty sure luck doesn’t affect common drops, unsure about uncommon (though I mostly doubt it)
Regardless on why Vetex would do that, I dunno ask him for the equation so we know for sure if he did or just made a mistake.

Update on T5 luck:

So Sunken goes form 1/80 for a specific sunken and 1/20 for a sunken; to 1/800 for a specific sunken and 1/200 for a sunken
Calvus goes from 1/10 to 1/1 :fr:

2 Likes

You man 10/1 to 1/1 with the luck nerfs?

No, just Calvus w/o and w/ luck potion (new version)
But you’re not wrong if we’re talking about the pre-nerf vs nerfed luck potion

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.