(something winged humanoid pvp rpg): Thoughts?

imo this leads to more skill based gameplay but then again i cant think of examples so uhhh uhmmm :nerd_face:

maybe magic uses a small amount of stamina (probably from arm movement)

cant half ass it you either go all in or nothing at all

1 Like

my combat system would be like 50% WoM, 30% Super Power Training Simulator, and the ability to combo trap people (20% [insert anime game here])

just wondering but do most anime games have similar combat systems (combo trapping)

Avian Legend’s combat system would require you to move around often or fly often, but combo trapping/comboing would be a nice thing

in the ones ive played yes and the thing that sucks about them most of the time is that with a clean hit you get a kill combo (or basically a 85-90% combo) which I realllyyyy don’t like, I feel like making combos not be able to 100% someone or there be some sort of hit deterioration (prob too complex for roblox) system in the game, as without them they make the game more enjoyable for both casual and competitive players

do keep in mind i have read absolutely positively nothing from the og topic because bro i aint readin all that, all i know is flying bird pvp gam

i’d rather have few stuns that being combo locked and unable to escape, deepwoken solves this quite well but it can turn into a boring ass parry trade

look at it this way, if you want to appeal to the casual baby gamer audience more make it where the stunning moves have range and arent too difficult to hit, if you want to appeal to the competitive egotistical gamer audience make it where they have a really short range and can only realistically hit situationally, making them only useful in combos or for resets, if those will exist in your game that is :woman_shrugging:

Decided to actually read all of this and heres my feedback on it

absurdly overpowered, can completely throw off every players combo game/straight up ruin them probably, especially if people cant see what other peoples boons are, imo should be completely removed, even nerfed its not a good idea

“Growth” boons could be a better name (i really hope you actually weren’t planning to call them “useless at end game” and were just using a placeholder), also for maxed players maybe give it a second function so that people actually have more incentive to pick them :woman_shrugging:

please i beg you dont fucking make this a necessary “pull up the wiki and tutorials” type system, pleaaaase find a way to direct the player to things and reveal bits of information to them, as so many games on roblox dont tell you jack shit and its actually a GARBAGE system

should be paid since they are less common and are actually meaningful, since for example in the wild west 90% of randoms have random factions with random members that do nothing at all

i dont like when games fully block you from experimenting with it and trying new builds by using an irl paywall, either remove this or add a way (not a very tedious or very grindy way) in-game for f2p players to be able to get a stat reset, and keep this as a lazy option for those who want to

and yeah permadeath nah maybe you can do something unique with the life system maybe pull a sifu on that hoe but yea i got nuthin

also I think levels should be hidden so that you can never really tell if the opponent is stronger or weaker than you (and i guess it makes encounters more meaningful and maybe makes people less likely to run?) but i know how this can be exploited with high levels one shotting low lvls, so just pull a risk of rain 2 on em and add osp (one shot protection) where if you’re at 90% hp (or any % you desire it to be) or above and you take a hit thats more than your entire hp bar you’re left with 1 hp so that weaker level players have time to clap back/run away, if it isnt enough though can add a couple or a few secs of invul too, if you feel like this’ll be exploited in pve just make it pvp exclusive :+1:

P.S: I don’t really know if you have a full fledged team or anything, and I don’t know how much time you plan on spending developing this game but this sounds incredibly ambitious to me, I’d set my scopes way smaller if i were you, and get a functioning playable game first then add all the ideas you want.

2 Likes

tbh i wish pvp games were more about using individual moves for a lot of different situations instead of just combo spamming the same moves in a certain order to 1 tap

like wom maybe but without the Q spam

^^^^^^

If you mean one-shot combos or infinite combos then yeah, a lot of the popular ones do. I don’t play many but ik Demonfall, ABA, and probably many others do. Inf combos and one shot combos are pretty bad to have though, almost everyone hates them

they were sort of a placeholder

you can always erase your character and restart your progress

i dont

why Q spam tho? my main blast keybind is set to R

people just generalize it as Q because thats what 99.95% of players use

I wanna play just so I can dick around and create a civ

Them dont know i use V

maybe you only broadly know someone’s level (like a player’s level would display as “10-20 levels higher/lower” or something like that)

there could be a pvp shield where u cant fight someone too high or low level

not really needed because the game FORCES you to pick 1 fighting boon, 1 non fighting support boon, and 1 growth boon

Permadeath bad idea ngl. Just sounds like a great way for no life neckbeards to ruin the game for kids by camping low level areas.

Also does this game have lore? And what timeline is this set in, more medieval times or present day pr maybe in the future?

(If its not in the future I call dibs for an elemental fighting game/webcomic set in the future)

the game doesn’t have much lore, or little yet, this game is set in maybe some early civilizations (~2000 BC)