Somewhat Large-scale AO Data Gathering Project - Community Contribution and Overall Description Post

May update… also very unorganized :+1:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1qSPCtHHdz9AFxbsrwhg4AKg8ns5q0YyX

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll log all of these in then.
I take thousands of NPC photos in AO as well, I have a habit of taking way too many NPC pictures.

And yeah, anyone can just post pictures (or text) here that match the criteria

Random fact:
As you can see from the scroll bar, about half my Roblox screenshots are from AO. (I don’t really play games other than AO or WoM much)
This folder contains 23k photos.

Documents should also be up later today

Yeah I’m wondering if the shipwrecks are just a selection of models scattered randomly of there’s actually a preset generation for all of them.
Obviously there’s several types of structure (fossil, reef, shipwreck, city, etc) but how they are generated, I am unsure.
Then there’s the small diving spots (the ones with the glowing lights on the surface of the ocean that aren’t found using sea charts), and those definitely seem preset, just rotated, cause I’ve seen the same ones multiple times.

Documents are now up.
I’m currently working on adding in all the information that I’ve been given.
I also added a special thanks section at the end to credit the people who have given me useful information to log.

I remember some deckhand titles being

the Great
the Grand
the Big Spender
the Demon
the Boar(my third deckhand)

Alright, I’ll add them in.
I’m currently going through your photo gallery, it’s very helpful for the documents.

Yeah I basically had like 10 hours on Sunday…
there may be less photos on weekdays cuz less time.

It’s fine.
I just finished transcribing all the information from your photos and the other two posts above (with the charts and underwater structures), took an hour or two due to all the back and forth between documents and photos.
However many of the articles are decently filled now, especially the treasure chart one.

Day 2 File is complete
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1V_EPkzWHBzq9iE08HhpmeaeqQfSU7U9N

(a bit more than i expected…)

It’ll take a little bit to get through, but I’m sure it’ll help

@Sebastian_Banks
Just want to say, you don’t need to take pictures of crew NPCs besides the Redwake crew.
Reason being I don’t know if sailor/ravenna crew have names exclusive to the crews. So it’s best to avoid logging those in for now.

One other thing.
If you could take one photo of the bounty board and another of the assassination board, it can help with logging surnames for NPCs. Make sure the levels are visible so I can tell which contracts are players and which are NPCs (I don’t want to accidentally log the players)

Some more names for NPCs.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 113658
Screenshot 2023-07-05 121420
Screenshot 2023-07-06 203130
Screenshot 2023-07-16 140030

(look in top left)

Screenshot 2023-07-21 235417

Thanks, I’ll go throw these into the doc at some point
I have a ton of photos but man is it boring to sort through thousands of pictures

i remember someone posted a deckhand with the title “The Love Freak” or something like that

No idea if you already have pictures of these but I haven’t found them in the regular NPC name document so I may as well contribute.

McFarland is the name of my rival, this is the only picture I actually have of the name though.

You can see in chat that there is a criminal called Rush
strong
Strong and Armstrong
the hawk
Compton

Rosa (seen in chat)

Wilcox (also seen in chat)

Those are all of the names I could find in my existing pictures. There might be some there that you hadn’t seen yet.

:crab: Commodore Kai is gone!! :crab:

this is just when you select the sailor option for deckhands right?