Start doing something about fourm trolls

Oh yeah that one, that is much better and good and cool for this task of hunting down the trolls that live in their basement named Donk, Sister, and Mal

i heard donk lived in a barrel like diogenes

1 Like

he did, and not only that, but he is diogenes

bruh im losing brain cells from tryna type unproperly

Mal disappeared on his own then his account was wiped off the forum a week or two later by staff

Donk was a confirmed troll thanks to actually being the cousin of a legitimate user.
What’s funny about donk though is why he was banned.
It wasn’t because he was trolling, oh no no no. It was because he kept making tons of spelling errors in his post which made him look immature, so they banned him for that.
He could still be here today if he didn’t make intentional spelling errors as part of his troll character.

Sister is the worst case of the moderators not taking action though. Sister was able to constantly spread misinformation, told me to take the blue whale challenge (suicide), and all the numerous other bad things they did for 16 days.
They only got banned because they admitted that that they were doing it on purpose.

The mods literally refused to do anything about a user that everybody knew was a troll until said user admitted to being a troll.
And even then, it’s not a permanent ban! Only two weeks.

1 Like

lmao i suggested something about this sometime ago

and here is what headless says about it

so yeah, we cant do anything further than flagging the post and waiting staff to deal with it, which probably need atleast about a week or two.

no staff can respond as quickly as under a minute. They usually don’t take any longer than an hour.

The issue is not mod inactivity, it’s more of an unwillingness to mute or ban people who are frequent repeat offenders.
If you get like 15 flags in a day for legitimate reasons I see no reason for you to not at least get a mute for a little while.
If you keep proving yourself to be a problem you should eventually get banned.
Literally sister only got punished for admitting intentions we all already knew she had.

I get that the mods are trying not to be authoritarian, but when almost every frequent user just tells new users and other frequent users to just not to reply to a specific user because they are a troll/trolling; if somebody gets a reputation on the forum for being a troll, that’s when the mods should consider a ban or other punishment.

Sister’s rate of getting flagged was ENORMOUS from the day they started posting, but she never explicitly broke a rule so haha loopholes we can’t ban them sorry!

I have to ask why trolling isn’t against the rules. It doesn’t make sense. Will it take a hardcore troll being active for MONTHS and actually getting other users banned with powerful bait before staff decide trolling isn’t okay?

2 Likes

bruh thats exactly why i suggested reputation system. so we, the community, can mark troll/toxic account on the forum.

oR jUsT FlAg tHe pOst? lol.

Sister received at least 200 flags in their 16 days of posting.
They were only banned for admitting to being a troll on purpose.
No matter how often somebody is flagged they won’t get banned.

Reputation system I don’t know about, pretty sure headless declined it for a reason.
It’s also kinda what the trust level system is for though I don’t think trust level says shit about your reputation unless it’s 3 or above.

trust system is how much we’re allowed to do thing on the forum, while reputation system is how bad/good of a user is on the forum based on the community. pretty simple to me…

I simply just mention the person getting trolled (or pm them if they’ve truly fallen into a trap)
that the person’s trolling

Toxicity that the troll causes is not the troll’s fault, in my opinion. The toxicity was always there and has shown itself plenty of times without the troll’s actions. The troll simply acts as a valve for those people with internet anger issues, revealing that some people are too serious for their own good.

Adding more rules to impose speech will simply kill more conversations. Also “trolling the forums to attempt to incite drama” is a blanket term and there are plenty of non-trolls I witness who act this way, yet are not trolls.

He was banned for trolling. Even without the grammatical mistakes he has made, he most likely would’ve been banned anyway.

Sister has been permanently banned after some thinking and discussion with other mods.

We are going to start implementing more forum-friendly rules within the next few weeks soon to prevent stuff like this and make it easier to enforce.

Thank goodness, I’m glad to hear that.
I got the whole “banned for spelling errors” thing from his ban reasoning on his profile.
Glad to hear that problem users will no longer be able to rampage for weeks, though!

Thank you so much for that

yes too many trolls not enough orcs. where are orcs? i do not see them. i owe several trolls bridge tolls i am in great debt yes yes

This post was more dead than my goldfish. I know you are the necromancer but please don’t necrobump.

telling necromancer not to necromance is like telling romancer not to romance yes yes and i am both