State of pvp and casual players

Arcane odyssey is story base game on roblox with would make you think that it is made for more casual experience, at the same time it forces pvp on you with can be annoying. There is a lot of pvp player who just kill anyone in sight. With is going to get so much worse in time, it is confirmed that at the end we will be able to reach lvl 1000. This leaves a question how big is going to be starter player protection from pvp. It take some people a lot of time to finish a story already now imagine trying enjoy story that take like a 100 hours to complete while you are constantly harassed by max lvl players that have nothing better to do. I personally have a friend who didn’t finish story because of that.

Deckhands are also a problem of sorts being limited only to pvp but that’s a whole another topic.

Changes that i was thinking are heavy inspired on pvp system from “New World”. Main think being that towns are a safe place and u have to be flagged for pvp. U can only change if you are flagged or not while in the safe area. To incentivize pvp flagging gives you small bonus of some sorts, and you can take on pvp missions (example of those could be bring back 10 sealed chests, or to stay on arena island for 2 minutes). Any other flagged player could attack you during that time and if die in any way your progress would be lost. Completing those missions and defeating other players would reword you with some sort of in game currency, that could be exchange for some items (galeons, reagents, catalysts, gems, thinks lie that). This also could link to mentioned on trello bounty hunter profession, by giving pvp exp alongside that currency.

That leaves one problem those that enjoy pvp what they gona do if everyone just gona stay unflagged. Another thing mentioned on trello is clan minigames. Since some other game modes are planed not adding 1vs1 arena mode would be disappointing. Example how could this work is you talk to npc on murena garden and are teleported to lobby where u can challenge anyone to duel and if they accept both of players are teleported to new server to fight.

Think this change would be nice. We all had experiences where you are just progressing the game and someone kills you for no reason. Most of players power comes from the equipment so even fights between max lvl can be extremely unfair(potions are also a thing). Other thing is the fact like I mentioned in the beginning is story base game, a lot of players come here because of its pve aspect not pvp. So when attacked by another player they decide to run away. It doesn’t make a fun experience for both sides. This isn’t a case for everyone but for me pvp is only fun when it is fair and both sides acutaly want to fight. AO at the moment doesn’t have that. Last thing that i want when new content releases is to be chased by other players.

Also this isn’t actual suggestion since Vetex intends on keeping global pvp, rather just a topic to start a discussion and see others opinions on that.

1 Like

I agree with this. We could also have different servers for people who want to engage in PvP and people who want to play casually.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.