Stats and the meta right now

Everyone seems to have a consensus that anything that isn’t power or defense is garbage.

o k

That’s true for right now. Even with stat scaling reworked, there is no difference in casting speed, no difference in destruction, no difference in magic size, no difference in anything really. Unless you make a build specific to that stat…which isn’t practical. The only stat that seems to make a difference that isn’t P&D is agility.

Sure, other stats will become stronger in the future. And So Will Power/Defense. Just how long will these two stats dominate the meta?! What do you guys think? Are other stats trash? Or is the stat system fine the way it is?

• Stats Are Fine The Way They Are
    • Real Chads Use Nimble smh
    • Power And Defense will ALWAYS Be Meta

0 voters

Bump :mariomug:

Once I’m able to get a lot of Magic Size or Casting Speed with a single item then I will use those

Wheres the option for power and defense not always being the meta but stats still needing to be reworked?

Casting speed/Magic speed are the only ones to potentially challenge power/defense depending on the magic in the future.

Will add that, thanks for saying it lol

Edit: Oof nvm, won’t let me change the poll

Power and defense will briefly not be meta, as logarithmic scaling will have a small window (likely around level 200) where you need to invest a significant amount of your build to get a meaningful (but worthwhile) reward out of the percentile stats.

Then it’ll go the other way - at level 1,000, putting a single enchant on your gear will get you the same reward that a level 200 would get from putting that enchant on their entire set. Building your entire set for one of the percentile stats will be pointless, as logarithmic scaling gives rapidly diminishing returns, and for practical purposes you’d be no better than someone who’d just dropped one or two enchants on it.

At level 5,000, the meta will be “get some tiny amount of the four useful stats while sacrificing as little of your build at possible, then put the rest of your build into power and defense, since they’re the only stats that scale properly”.

1 Like

It’s sad but true. I personally would’ve preferred the linear scaling because then at least minimaxers who put everything in knockback could add some variety for example.

LMAO, I’m using a Lv. 80 Bursting Dull Magic Size Amulet and it grants enough Magic Size (34) to increase my attack sizes by ~10%
Vetex has stated that 160 Magic Size increases your attack sizes by ~50%, so no, Magic Size (and pretty much all other stats, excluding Destruction of course) is not useless.

+10% magic size is pretty good, but you know what would be better?
+34 damage.

1 Like

I’d say that each stat needs its own scaling (in particular relative to the amount of the stat that gear at certain levels gives of it), so that the aforementioned issues with the meta being shifted at certain intervals of levels don’t happen.

My wise predictions:

Speed will become meta lmfao, people go zoomin around and nobody can catch them, so no aggro heavy magic users be hugging them all the time

this kinda makes sense
scaling all the stats one way isnt really working but if they all scaled differently it might help

1 Like

yes stats are broken

i do 200 dmg with 1002 hp

hello kiddo

No, you deal 162 damage lol. Big difference.

His 20% blasts roughly do around that amount, so maybe that’s what he meant?

just dont trust whatever joseon says, hes scum. He sent n-words in my DM’s and death threats to my family.