Stuck on what magic to pick for conjurer

i wanna make a conjurer for the first time and im stuck between 5 magics
snow
acid
poison
light
lightning
any suggestions are welcomed as well

Snow conjuror is pretty unique and not used too much by others.

Light and lighting are great magics to go if you plan on focusing more on speed for your fighting style

Acid is basically water conjuror but slightly downgraded

Poison isn’t too good for conjurors since it doesn’t really benefit from the bleed synergy or conjuror’s weapon side.

I’d recommend snow conjuror tbh, I think it looks cool :]

Snow Conjurer isn’t that great if you care about weapon synergies. Right now, the only weapon Conjurers can use that synergizes with it is the Sunken Sword, which is a 1/2,000 chance alone or 1/16,000 when considering all Sunken items.

Acid synergizes with Bleeding and can be used on its own to inflict some reliable Damage Over Time, especially with its puddles.

Poison has weapon synergies because of its bleeding buff, but it doesn’t spread clouds when used on weapons.

Light has no synergies with weapons and tanks your damage, but it makes you go fast if you want a speed demon sort of build.

Lightning has the best Bleeding synergy out of these magics, which is great since unless you get a SSw, you aren’t going to be paralyzing anybody. It’s also fairly fast, with the major downside of HAVING TO HEAR THE GODDAMNED LIGHTNING CRACKLE WITH YOUR WEAPONS IMBUED.

One of the 5 pure positive imbuements. Snowy does obscure the afflicted’s screen somewhat so it’s a gimmicky alternative to shadow

Probably hit the hardest amongst these magic ( Poison conjurer technically deals more damage but it’s backloaded), a bit smaller size

Backloaded damage. 0.05x size bonus. You would want to hit something with trucktons of damage and maintain the DoT by constantly refreshing the duration. The 20s duration pretty much guaranteed even a fodder can reliably keep it going until the end of the fight

Lowest size of all imbuements in exhange for ridiculous atk speed, gains more damage by stacking blinded. Since you’re a beginner I advise you to try something else first but trial by fire ig

Same size issue with Light, not as fast as light imbuements but makes up for it by consistently doing somewhere above average damage. Running Lightning Conjurer gives you a hidden perk that’s best described as follow

Yeah ill be honest as a lightning conjurerer running with kais sabre since I havent gotten any sunken weapons yet, its not ALL THAT BAD but the crackle gets annoying after a while. The destruction is just weird in general seeing as certain weapons will destroy walls with a single m1 while others will require you to complete the actual chain (4-5 m1s) to break anything.

Honestly go with lightning for speed,paralysis, and actual effects. But light can be pretty good for PVP despite the low damage as you’ll be blinding your opponents 90% of the time assuming you can hit them.

You could also just go darkness since ive heard thats a pretty good magic all around with nothing really bad about it.

Ok man we’re not all the same. For example, hes purple and I’m blue making me a star wars character! He’s just cosplaying elius man!!!

(This me fr…)

yeah we know what star wars character you are

2 Likes

Go wild and let the spinning wheel decide.

1 Like

we used to be unique… then the nimbus sea update happened.

Seriously though, why did the amount of lightning conjurers quintuple over the update? Is it to make up the slowness after the speed nerfs?

Sand is for the weak, personally I’ll be using fire or water as my second magic once our second awakenings release

Didnt really notice that myself but I do know our affinitys buff attack speed with stuff like the arcsphere or bracelets

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Anakin skywalker builds in shambles rn after getting stranded near a volcanic island in the dark sea…

1 Like

fire is one of the best conjurers imo, it has the best ptd (it keeps dot when most magics use bleed as theirs), it’s sunken is one of the best, and it arguably has the best synergies of all the magics when it comes to the conj weps.

I’m pretty sure lightning conjuror was never unique. Half of the 5th gens I ever saw since full server size was released were running lightning.

Yeah just waiting on an update to release allowing me to use both fire and lightning, or water and lightning ngl

perhaps, but now it seems like every conjurer is a lightning one. You practically barely even see shadow conjurers anymore, and those used to be everywhere.

Shadow conjurers are a myth. The light ones exterminated them in the othyrous war which took place last month.

I’m also pretty sure shadow conjuror wasn’t very popular among casuals, either. It was only common in PVP communities, and even then it wasn’t really a widespread thing. Using shadow is like bringing a gun to a fist fight. It’s not flashy or entertaining, it just does it’s job. With it’s high speed, average size, and extremely high impact damage along with a blind effect, it can pretty easily dominate.

Flashier magics like fire, lightning, ice, etc were way more common and easy to spot than the more tame magics like glass or wind. Like most casuals say, PVPers are the minority in AO. Meaning there’d naturally be more people who don’t really care about the stats of their magic- and even then, people that did care about magic stats drifted towards Metal. Doesn’t help that conjuror itself is using popularity, too.

Apparently light conj is fun