Stupid post

Public Domain.

I hate these two words. Every time I see these two words together, I throw up and vomit on the spot. If I could kill it, I would without a second thought, but I legally can’t. “Public”? Sure. “Domain”? Absolutely, why not, but “public domain”? Absolutely not. It’s the most atrocious, ignoble, vile, horrendous, and devilish abomination of which an only fitting fate is its eternal retribution and damnation by the flames and rivers of Hell. It should be burnt in the Atlantean fires of Tartarus for the sin of its existence, and I say that with a 100%, with a 1000%. Now, you might ask:

“Why mald so violently, @anon1881879? It’s literally just a thing for fictional characters that exists.”

And yeah, you’re right, but it’s an exception, because it’s such an evil that even Satan, Chtulu, and Adolf Hitler quiver in the very presence or even just the mention of, and I’ll tell you why.

So there’s apparently a movie about Winnie the Pooh (who apparently just entered the public domain) as a horror movie villian and goes and kills people in very R-rated ways because…yeah. If that sounds morbidly stupid, yeah, it is. It’s literally painful to see such an innocent and goofy character of children get turnt into a generic horror movie monster, but that’s not even the biggest part, cause’ just look at THIS:

Wait, is that…a HUMAN HAND ON HIS AXE? ISN’T WINNIE A BEAR? WHAAAAAT?

yeah even though the movie’s bloody as heck, this is just the epitome of goofiness. Like, yeah, I get there was probably a budget, but at least try to make it a bit more believable, dude.

“But @anon1881879, what if someone made a really nice and believable take on a character that-”

No.

“but what if it really helps the economy-”

No.

“but-”

No.

“But what about someone like Shazam? He was a Superman knockoff but eventually was handed over to DC comics as an official character, and he’s super cool!”

Shazam is cool, and while they are very similar to Superman, the difference is that he isn’t Superman. He is not a reporter for the Daily Planet with alien lineage and physiology that grants him superpowers, he is an 11 years old, otherwise ordinary boy that shouts “SHAZAM!” to transform into a buff adult with the powers of the Greek gods. Now, the thing about public domain is that Superman would (probably) get butchered so hard not even Shazam’s Atlantean powers could ever save him (R.I.P).

There’s probably way more reasons, but I just don’t like the concept of public domain in general.

Found the capitalist

Anyways, yeah fair enough, that’s the issue with public use, which is that the public is weird

2 Likes

riiiight. Okay, I’m partly with you on this one, I hate how public domain is used and abused. But, you specifically highlighted a Winnie the Pooh horror? Seriously? I haven’t seen it but this isn’t even an example of people abusing public domain, the idea isn’t even that groundbreaking and it’s not the first of it’s kind that scraped the surface of the internet.

1 Like

kinda stupid. ohmagod they made a shitty winnie the pooh horror public domain is TERRIBLE

Public domain has probably done just as much good as harm. In the same way it can be abused to twist beloved characters, it can also be used by creative minds to make fan projects that empower people’s imagination.

1 Like

bump