Substitute Captain Maria's I-frames with just 80% dmg reduction

Substitute Captain Maria's I-frames with just 80% dmg reduction
effort 3.375 8 quality 3.75 8 reasonability 5.0 12

Reason 1: nobody likes them, everyone knows nobody likes them, bosses that force their turn upon you in action games are already frowned upon due to waiting just being annoying.

Reason 2: appeal to lore/realism. So a lv 500 player’s ultimate art would just get negated by captain Maria’s I-frame attack? Would Durza’s curse spirit bomb just not work against Maria if she covers herself in water?

Reason 3: usually when she does this move the player is already going to be put in the defensive, but there’s no reason not to let a more skilled player get some dmg during this time, it would make the fight more dynamic.

11 Likes

The level 300+ mage watching as their lost magic ultimate art gets completely negated by Maria’s silly little water barrier:

3 Likes

yea

1 Like

Maria’s I-frames is the worst thing about her fight, the fight itself isn’t difficult, and it’s probably one of the easiest in the game, but just sitting on the back of the ship every time she uses the tentacles is incredibly annoying

7 Likes

better yet: give the shield 500 health, if broken maria gets temporarily stunned to give an attack window

6 Likes

YES! That would be amazing!

4: the water aura could be canonically explained as her using resistance aura, and with maria’s boss drop giving resistance and power, it could be explained that she uses her ‘strong’ attack during this small period of the resistance duration

1 Like

I had to grind maria for her weapons and I genuinely just started trading because of how annoying she was, especially with de-sync where her water barrier would stay after the attack.

2 Likes

ill take that for the sake of refreshing the combat status and preventing her to respawn

3 Likes

Forums REALLY wants this. So do I.

good game design is good

Bump

Martin: Unholy gargling MARTIN USE IRON LEG BIG QUAKE STOMP!!!

Maria:
Shower Bath Clipart Royalty-Free Images, Stock Photos & Pictures |  Shutterstock

vetex will pull out of his asshole a reason to why maria even had that to begin with

i like this idea, but i also believe that Captain Maria’s entire bossfight should have been redone. The game is very open world where you can super jump dash around and deal huge area of effect attacks. Why should the second half of the bossfight be confined inside a small boat where u cant even damage her for like 50% of the time? Just doesnt feel natural compared to the huge arenas that every other boss has.

2 Likes