There seems to be a bit of confusion on how to post suggestions. This post will be about clearing up a lot of information while also adding tips to make good suggestion.
General Suggestion Info
In order to gain access, you must be trust level 2. Here is the information in order to gain access.
Make sure you don’t suggest stuff that aren’t allowed while also making sure it ain’t already planned too.
- https://forum.worldofmagic.dev/t/about-the-suggestions-category/53 Main general information
- You can go on the trello and search through cards with ctrl + f
- Going to #suggestions:accepted and check if anything you thought of is there
- Double checking with people if your suggestion has been suggested before
Suggestion Making Tips
Now that you have your idea, you gotta make sure you convey this to others. These tips aren’t necessary, but will help other players a ton understanding your point of view.
- Organize your suggestions. You have things like bold and italics for special text, hide details to organize sections, etc. Putting one giant bulky paragraph makes people not want to read it.
- Short and simple works really well. You should be upfront and explain the main idea to other members well.
- Backup your point with stuff like why it should be a thing and how it would fix it. This makes players understand the feature way more
- Images and GIFs help a ton. Not everything has to be just text based and giving players a visual depiction of what it would look like can help.
- Try using proper grammar when typing suggestions. People should easily understand what you’re trying to say without being confused.
- Look at both sides. Some people may not like what you suggested, but you should still put down potential flaws with the system. This makes sure your suggestion doesn’t sound biased.
If you have any other ideas reply below. There has been quite a good amount of joke suggestions and I hope to see people put a lot more effort into suggestions.