Summerhold Ch. 20 "The Final Book"

The wizards sailed to the final book, Autem. They would sail for many days as Kennedy would play cards with Fang.

“I saw your hands use ink magic to reshape the card’s image.”
Fang said.

“Whose to say you can’t cheat as well?”
Kennedy responded.

Fang would get up from the table and left him while playing with an amulet Ruby gave him.

Many more days would pass until they finally reached the island they were looking for, Ashen Volcano. The wizards got off of their ship and headed to the Volcano.

“Be sure to protect the books while we’re gone.”
Daniel spoke to the Ironport folk.

They would all nod in agreement as the wizards entered the ruins.

“Bet you $20 galleons it fell into the lava.”
Chad joked.

They would explore the abandoned houses throughout the ruins but weren’t successful for many hours.

“I bet they found the book before us.”
Kennedy spoke.

“Possibly.”
Fang replied.

“Should we split up?”
Chad said.

“…Fine, explore for about twenty minutes, but head back here immediately, i do not want either of us dying now.”
Daniel ordered them.

The wizards split up and looked around for the final book, Chad climbed a large mountain and explored the house on top of it. Chad had finally found the book, but before he went to grab it, a boney, grey, skeleton hand grabbed Chad’s hand.

“Chad…”
Elliot Water had spoke.

His skin was completely grey and his eyes were white, he was indeed a Revenant and the book disappeared, for it was a diversion.

-Meanwhile-

Fang would find the real book located on a stand, Fang took it off and raced to find Daniel but was blocked by the Tyrant, Percy Salore.

“You are the reason he is dead!”
Percy yelled at Fang before punching him backwards.

“I tried…i did not mean for him to die!”
Fang yelled as he got back up.

“Perceval saved your damn life and what do you did…you sat there and watched his soul get taken!”
Percy screamed as he shot quick slashing winds at Fang.

Fang would block all of the lacerations.

“Dark Magic!”
Fang whispered.

Fang wanted to exhaust him in order to talk to the boy, he began circling Percy at high speeds, Percy would however summon a quick explosion of wind that would knock Fang backwards and had almost rolled into a river of lava.

-Meanwhile-

Elliot began to blast waves of purple lightning at Chad, however he would duck down behind a wall before they would hit him.

"Holy shit, he wasn’t kidding, he is…sorta alive!

Chad remembered what Kennedy said.

Chad would blast the ceiling above Elliot as it fell on Elliot stunning him momentarily as Chad ran out of the building. Elliot would burst out of the building with rocks flying everywhere, Chad would summon a wall of acid that would dissolve the rubble.

Chad would summon multiple rounds of blue Crystals at Elliot, the Revenant would block most of the rounds before the last gem would break his shield and send him flying backwards.

“Please just stop!”
Chad yelled as he exploded the ground with sharp blue crystals stabbing outwards.

“Ah…”
Elliot would let out a faint gasp as one of them stabbed him in the chest.

“Fuck, NO!”
Chad ran to Elliot before he fell down into the lava.

Chad would manage to grab his arm as Elliot was suspended over boiling lava.

“Nerrugh!”
Chad roared as he tried to keep Elliot up.

“Come on, Elliot…get up!”
Chad screamed.

Elliot would grab a knife out of his pocket and began to stab Chad’s arm.

“Just STOP!”
Chad yelled as his arm was being cut.

“STOP!~”
Chad’s angered voice began to sound saddened.

Chad’s arm was bleeding profusely, thinking to himself, he would rather lose all of his blood than let him go. Elliot would then direct the knife to his own arm…and cut it off and fell down into the lava.

“…”
Chad stared in silence as he saw his friend fall into the lava.

Kennedy would begin running to Chad.

“…I’m so sorry.”
Kennedy looked down at Chad.

“…He stayed back and died trying to defeat Spencer…you should have done the same.”
Chad slammed his fist into the ground.

-Meanwhile-

Fang would continue to duel Percy as he asked him several questions.

“Perceval wouldn’t have wanted this.”

“Think like him.”

“What would Perceval do?”
Fang muttered to Percy.

“ARRRRUGH!”
Percy’s eyes began streaming with tears as the once clear wind began to have a tint of blue.

A large hurricane would knock Fang backwards, before he would fall into the lava, Fang would leap into the sky with magic and shot multiple blasts of Snow at him, the snow would power right through his wind blasts as it froze Percy’s arm.

“Last chance, kid…otherwise you will meet Perceval again.”
Fang’s eyes began glowing purple.

“I live…i die…i cannot lose.”
Percy stared at Fang.

Fang formed a scythe out of darkness and sprinted towards Percy, however, with one swift motion, Percy would form a large spear out of thin air as Fang ran right into it stabbing him in the stomach.

“Gah!”
Fang coughed blood as he held up his arm.

“Ice Explosion!”
Fang yelled as it knocked the both of them back, and shattered Percy’s arm.

“ARUGHE, AAHHhhh!”
Percy grabbed his shoulder as blood sprayed through.

Daniel would manage to find the two and would pose in a dueling position as his fists began igniting with blue fire, Percy would dash towards Daniel using wind magic, and for a split second, he was reminded of Luciano.

“D- Dad…”
Daniel’s fire distinguished as his eyes flashed before him as the spear stabbed Daniel right in the chest.

Percy would take the spear out of Daniel’s chest as it sprayed with blood and he fell over.

“Son of bitch, you’re dead!”
Fang screamed.

“No, that fate belongs to you…”
Spencer came out of the Shadows holding the two books.

“But…what did you do to the Ironport people?!”
Fang yelled as fists tightened on the scythe.

“Do not worry, they are in a induced coma, after all, i think they will serve us well when we rule Magius.”
Spencer spoke.

Chad and Kennedy would appear on top of the mountain as they looked down at Spencer.

"Paper magic!
Kennedy yelled as it dashed towards Spencer.

However, before this happened, Spencer grabbed the last book from Percy and they both teleported away.

“…We lost.”
Chad whispered to himself.

The both of them would go down the hill to Fang and the dying Daniel.

“Is he alive?”
Chad questioned.

Fang however, looked at Chad…with no response.

-To be Continued-

2 Likes

Things are starting to go hell for the heroes of this story, but just what happened to Daniel when he was stabbed, he is dead?

Thanks for Reading.

Fang fights his own last name, 2021, colourized

It’s super weird to see Fang losing a fight, as almost all of my OCs are overpowered and dominant when I make stories about them. It really sheds a new light, and opens something up for me.

Also, Fang’s death magic is a black gas now, not a purple energy

He ended by shattering Percy’s arm, had the fight not been interrupted by Spencer, he would have for sure killed him.

1 Like