Sunken items and how to get them

Sunken items are extremely rare and powerful. The way to find the Sunken Armour pieces and the Sunken Sword is through fishing or trading. You must also be at least level 50 to obtain the items and the chance of getting each item is a 1/8000 chance from fishing. Let me explain each way to get the Sunken items in detail.

Fishing:
If you want to stick to fishing for a Sunken item and think you have a good chance at getting one, I recommend using a Magnetic Collector’s Rod. The item chance on a Magnetic Collector’s Rod is 1.5, which will seriously help you find the items. Also, you’ll find more accessories and extra equipment to sell for bait. The drawback to fishing is buying bait and rods. But, if you’re sitting at level 50 bored with thousands of crowns, this might be good for you.

Trading:
If you want a Sunken item but don’t have the time and patience to fish, you might consider trading for one. The drawback to trading is that you will have to give away some of your best items to trade, and Sunken will lower in value as time goes on and people catch more. As updates continue, the Sunken items will most likely be replaced with better armour and weapons, which is why obtaining them right before a huge revamp is not the best idea.

If you need extra information on obtaining Sunken items or about anything else World of Magic related, ask me on the forum or dm me at OhHey#0369. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Theoretically, a Luring Collector’s Rod would be most efficient for getting Sunken, only slightly more efficient than a Magnetic Collector’s (though the bait consumption would be higher). Also feels better to fish with in general because a Collector’s Rod lures painfully slow.

A quote from a friend… “Fishing for a sunken is peasant’s work.”

Sounds like a wise man.

1 Like

I did the math a while ago in the Roselight server; after 10 hours you’ve used 400 more bait while yielding 11 more items. It’s 0.11 items per bait for luring collectors and 0.13 for magnetic. Magnetic is more cost efficient while luring is more time efficient.

note: I am bad at math and it may be slightly inaccurate, but overall it should be correct.

Technoblade and his statistics team: Let’s graph that

But then again, since Crowns have inflated, it would overall be preferable to use a Luring Collector’s or even a Magnetic Bronze Rod.

Right now Boss items might be more valuable than sunken due to AO compensation for their removal, and sunken might not even get removed. It has bursting and bursting is bad on lower level armor.

I think they’re gonna get removed from player’s inventory as well when AO comes out

Nah, chances are they’ll get replaced with new counterparts just like boss items.

and @Yoruh
Im pretty sure vetex will keep all the sunkens the same way they are rn, maybe just tweak their stats but thats it

rn boss items are no where near as valuable as sunkens since their future is uncertain. Also magic size is much better than having knockback ( exiled armour) and no stat at all ( iron)
And why would sunkens get removed like they dont have anything to do with the story or cultures or even wom in general since they can easily be ported over to ao, so why?

I wouldn’t say so uncertain, as Vetex already said that the compensation will not be in in-game currency. Chances are they’ll get replaced by new in-game counterparts. Currently both stats, knockback and magic size are bad, and have little to no change in your gameplay compared to defense and power, well same could be said as all other stats other than Agility though.
Vetex would have to probably change the ratio of these stats to make them useful on early levels, as it seems now, sunken armor will just be like Sunken Warrior armor in AA, very rare, very useless, very fast.

I’m saying that they’ll probably get replaced like boss items, to fit more the lore of the war seas. This could be by simply retexturing the armor, dents and some lore changes. I don’t get why an armor so clean and fine as sunken would be fished as a relic of the War seas, and it atleast not be damaged or dented due to war. Right now sunken armor is just an iron armor set that has spent hundreds of years in the ocean, akin to it’s AA counterparts[albeit those are from some sunken empire] It’d be interesting to atleast change it to fit the theme of the war seas and lore. Of course tweaking it probably changing magic size to power would be nice too, to also fit the theme of the war seas, and become actually useful for it’s low time period of usefulness.

magic size isnt nearly as bad as knockback or literally any other enchant that isnt power, defence or strength. All the other enchants suck ( except if you want an agility set and you get nimble on that but other then that agility sucks). Also even the smallest magic size difference can help while a small difference in any other stat that isnt power, defence or strength is worth nothing.

I havent played aa so idk what youre talking about but i dont think sunkens are gonna be outclassed any time soon.

I dont think theyll be replaced but rather like you said a small reskin or some lore changes tho the item in general wouldnt change much from those. And ye i do agree with your last point but maybe that would be a little too op, instead vetex could just buff the magic size so it becomes more relevant and it would encourage people to go for a bursting sunken set if they wanna play around with some big spells

So which is more faster to get a sunken? A luring collector or magnetic collector?

Luring is slightly faster, but takes more bait in the process. It’s also more fun to use luring since you don’t wait half a minute to catch a small guppy.

Bait which I can Buy from shopkeeper with crowns. Yeah more bait is a problem. Luring Here I come

Oh yeah, in AA there was an item set named Sunken Warrior set, It was like a very weak counterpart to the Sunken Champion set, for lower levels. And it was really outclassed by any enchanted lower level items, making it useless and vanity only. My take was that Sunken iron set might happen to be the same as sunken warrior, and that would be really sad, and lower the value of sunken iron set by really alot, standing on its own due to rarity only.
I’m on high hopes that it’ll atleast last longer than sunken warrior lasted, mostly due to reforge in blacksmith.
Most people don’t know but knockback stat procs at 5% of targets max health. I believe it’s weaker than wind knockback though.

Both are still useless, since according to the wiki, the percentage of scale currently is only 0,24%+. Needs better citation from Meta though.

Bruh. It’s logarithmic now, not linear. You can notice any stat if you have at least 20 specced into it (even saw an impact with 12 Magic Size).

Knockback also procs regardless of the damage you do in one attack. A lot of Trello info is outdated cuz of AO.

Damn.