Surge DoT Stacking

What were you doing before bug occurred: I used surge on an NPC, specifically poison surge.

Steps to reproduce: Wear Calvus set w/ power enchant, and a power amulet with the power enchant

Then use surge on an NPC, in the video I tested it on a Ravenna NPC
You should have around 120 power with this

F9 Logs ( press f9 to view them in-game):

Pictures/Videos:

All I have is a medal link, but this shows me using it on a Ravenna NPC and waiting to see if any DoT tick damage occurs.

The bug is pretty much the DoT doesn’t work properly, the enemy is poisoned but no damage is taken by them from the DoT. I’m pretty sure 30 or 34 damage per hit is enough to at least warrant 1 DoT damage per second per stack.
Edit: I’m unsure about the last part of the video, specifically, if the damage taken from the poison blast was the actual DoT or just cloud damage. Although I’m pretty sure that’s regular DoT damage, I can check and see if blast does that much DoT damage normally, and if it doesn’t then for some reason the surge DoT doesn’t work unless another DoT is involved (non-stacked version).

I don’t think 30 is enough damage for your opponent to take damage from poisoned; I believe damage numbers are visually rounded up while the damage is rounded down, so you could be dealing 29.5 damage per tick of surge which would be less than 1 dps of poison dot, this rounding down.

I’m not entirely sure if it works like that but I think it does

The way I view how DoT works, which I could be VERY wrong but it’s like this:
Damage * DoT multiplier divided by Duration
So poison is 0.75x, and so is the DoT, assuming I had a 1x damage multiplier I should do around 40 normally…
(40 * 0.75 (poison DoT multiplier)) / 20 = 1.5 Damage per DoT tick

Obvious this could be either rounded up or down, but I’ll round down for this example. This is still 1 damage per second for each DoT stack. Furthermore, if you could deal damage low enough to not even get 1 tick of DoT damage, then theoretically it’d be noticeable if you used poison in the beginning of the game (it may or may not do over 20 damage w/ a blast). If it does below 20 damage and still does 1 tick of DoT damage, then logically it is either rounded up to 1 or 1 is the minimum value for DoT damage.
Pretty sure it’s rounded down though so this would be a minimum. Although stacks could work differently.

turns out my calculation was off, I thought poison’s dot was 30 seconds but it’s actually 20 seconds

DoT does a % of the initial attack’s damage over the course of a few seconds, in the case of Poison it does 100% of an attack’s damage over 30 seconds 20 seconds, so in a case where you do 40 impact damage you’d do another 40 damage over the course of those 20 seconds at 2 damage per tick.

So yeah I guess in the surge clip you posted you should still be doing 1 or 1.5 dmg per tick so it’s strange that you’re not

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.