"Surprise" environmental effects should only deal CurHP% damage

"Surprise" environmental effects should only deal CurHP% damage
effort 4.821428571428571 28 quality 4.870967741935484 31 reasonability 4.971428571428572 35

Just gonna add an experience that happened to me 30s ago:

I was in range 1 insanity, fighting an atlantean ketch near a siren rock. I fight off the 3k hp mutated atlantean with around 300 health to spare (max hp 1.5k), and half a second later I see:

590!
Skenana was lost to the dark sea

My hp went to -114 from it.

Please tell me Vetex, how in all that is holy, is that a fair or natural difficulty feature to the dark sea? When I have exactly 0 chances to
A) Predict the lightning
B) Block the lightning
Or
C) Survive the lightning
I lost nearly 20 dark sealed chests to that, and wasted over an hour of my time.

5 Likes

Just yesterday I had an expedition ended super early by the most ludicrous bullshit.
In my build I use for the dark sea, I have 100% water breathing, but not even that could save me from this.

My ship was slightly damaged so I was using the bronze repair hammer to top off the durability incase I ran into an atlantean brig, when suddenly I get swept off of my ship by a wave.
I hear ship combat music start, as I swim back to my ship that’s already taken 5000 damage from a cannon volley, I get swept further away from my ship by ANOTHER wave.
This happens a THIRD TIME and is so bad that I need to regen stamina at the bottom of the dark sea TWICE to get back to my ship.
I get back to my ship with it only having around 6k hp left and the brig has 18k.
The brig also had no crew on it so I couldn’t save my ship no matter what I did.

Somehow this was even WORSE than the times I’ve been fucked over by lightning and water poisoning.

the game decided “no fun :imp:” and combo’d you out of existence

da people have spoken

we hit 100 votes this is crazy

GG to the suggestion

Yes

Keep this alive till vetex adds it

Lost 20 ds chests do to my boat randomly disappearing while exploring an island :sob:

Also it seems very common for lightning to strike me off my boat which is so annoying

Damn thats tuff, i nearly lost true captain to a lightning strike (turns out i had like 39 minutes in range 2 so i inhaled mad copium)

Why aint this in yet

genuinely why has nothing changed about these mechanics since the dark sea update released.
we are approaching two months.

Another day, another run ended by ancient lightning :frpensive:

Even better idea right here: Lightning does 99% of your hp no matter the circumstance, but cannot kill you
It’s now solely an environmental combo assist

Get paralyzed by lightning as you get water poisoning

Mother nature’s wombo combo

Dang, this suggestion is still alive.:skull:

Uhhhh, take my vote ig.

We will never reach a day after last reply

i never did the little rate thingy. Lightning stop killing me fr

Do not let this suggestion die

Also how to make the system bump it again, or the system do it randomly