Swift Enchantment

Okay so do people know that the Swift enchantment is being removed in AO or not? Everyone I’ve run into has called me crazy whenever I mentioned that the Swift enchantment is being removed in AO.

I don’t know if I’ve just ran into the few who didn’t know or if I’m one of the few who did know. Just want to make a post addressing this to get this off my chest, been wondering about this for a solid few months at this point.

Did you know that the Swift enchantment was being removed in AO before reading this?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Never paid attention to enchantments much, I knew magic speed was being changed to attack speed but I’ve literally always thought casting speed and magic speed were the same stat

Take it with a grain of salt since i asked this nearly a year ago. But if the info still holds that means swift will become keen and by extension attack speed

7 Likes

hrrn no wonder i never heard of the whole alleged swift into clean fiesta

1 Like

1 Like

If Swift is converted into Keen, why isn’t Strong being converted to Powerful? I read somewhere that Strong items will just become clean.

its not being converted into keen, instead they may be converted into attack speed half confirmed by meta (a high ranking mod and tester), and yes strong is becoming clean and not turning into powerful :woman_shrugging:

oh wait i didnt realize this is literally the topic where the post is at xd just look a couple post above and see what nuc posted

So it won’t become Keen because Meta “said” so, but Meta also did say it will become Keen?

its not being converted into keen, instead they may be converted into attack size half confirmed by meta (a high ranking mod and tester), and yes strong is becoming clean and not turning into powerful :woman_shrugging:

Keen gives the Casting Speed stat, which is being changed to Attack Speed, which was also what Meta called it in the image in the solution which is why I referred to it as Keen, and we don’t know what enchant Attack Speed stat will be called so for all purposes it was best to call it Keen which I’m sure everyone knew I was talking about the Attack Speed stat (unless you’re a brainlet).

and yes strong is becoming clean and not turning into powerful :woman_shrugging:

And my comment was asking why do they both get different treatment?

keen and magic speed were combined into attack speed remember

its a bit weird to call it that but ok and chillax mega mind you’re not 300 iq for that, no need to be so passive aggressive, anyway to answer your other question how do you expect anyone other than vetex to answer that? We dunno bro

typo xd

1 Like

Yes, so how is that attack size?

Or is it just a typo?

Oh alr

its a bit weird to call it that but ok and chillax mega mind you’re not 300 iq for that, no need to be so passive aggressive, anyway to answer your other question how do you expect anyone other than vetex to answer that? We dunno bro

Uh not really weird makes a lot of sense to me and no wasn’t being ‘passive agressive’ was just explaining why I called it Keen because you clearly misinterpretted my entire comment, the part about brainlet wasn’t referring to you but general <13 year olds who probably don’t understand shit about shit anyway, so sorry if it offended you, twas not my intention I promise.

anyway to answer your other question how do you expect anyone other than vetex to answer that? We dunno bro

Like how every question regarding development is answered by testers/mods? Testers/mods find out from vetex and tell us? Isn’t that what literally just happened in this post?

There’s a difference though, meta only answered what was being changed not why, the testers might know but I doubt most or any of them do because you literally just have to know whats going on in vetex’s head to know that, so unless he’s sharing that with the testers not many or any people other than him will know for sure

Yeah and what’s stopping a tester from asking or Vetex sharing about the why? And by extension, are you saying that it’s impossible for testers/mods to know the ‘why’ behind every development decision he makes? Because if they can know the ‘why’ of atleast one decision, my question still stands since there is a chance someone can answer it, whether or not someone does is just luck :man_shrugging:

bro this entire exchange is so bad :sob:, yeah the testers can always just ask him ofc but we dunno if testers do go out of their way to ask vet to answer some question on the forum (anymore) or whether they just answer the questions they personally asked vetex before since they wanted to know and decided to share it on the forums, anywho I’d just say you go ask a tester on discord or sum shit and see if they reply, that’s probably your best bet :woman_shrugging:

oh yeah forgot to talk about the why part, it’s not impossible, but thats why I said “know…for sure” since a bunch of times some testers just make educated guesses as to what vetex plans/is doing, and are probably correct most of the time, though to know for 100% they’d need to ask vetex directly

Next time somebody asks if swift getting turned into clean

bro this entire exchange is so bad :sob:, yeah the testers can always just ask him ofc but we dunno if testers do go out of their way to ask vet to answer some question on the forum (anymore) or whether they just answer the questions they personally asked vetex before since they wanted to know and decided to share it on the forums, anywho I’d just say you go ask a tester on discord or sum shit and see if they reply, that’s probably your best bet :woman_shrugging:

oh yeah forgot to talk about the why part, it’s not impossible, but thats why I said “know…for sure” since a bunch of times some testers just make educated guesses as to what vetex plans/is doing, and are probably correct most of the time, though to know for 100% they’d need to ask vetex directly

A tester could have asked, Vetex might have shared it already, maybe a tester already knew and told a forumer and they go on to tell the forums. None of these are really impossible scenarios and testers are known to answer these type of questions so I don’t think it was unreasonable to ask about that here. Maybe my best bet was to ask a tester via discord, maybe not, I just asked here cuz I knew there is a chance someone might know they answer and if they don’t, thats just too bad so sad + testers/mods really only respond to cool people. Yes, I would need to ask Vetex to get an answer thats 100% correct but I’m not onthe cool list(yet :smiling_imp: ) so I don’t have access to his DMs so getting an answer from a tester/mod/someone who knows the answer is my only bet.

omg im not reading all that

tldr please