Syka's worldbuilding idiocy

Okay so I am working on a book series but I basically have that all worked out so that’s not what this worldbuilding thread is for.

Instead I’ve got another world that I’m tryna worldbuild but I don’t actually know what to do with it. I cannot for the life of me write more than one book at a time, I considered a webtoon except my art skills are little to none, and if you want me to make an animated series then please look somewhere else because first of all I have nowhere to put it and secondly my art skills are little to none.

It’s called Woven Together, and it takes place in a world that seems normal except for one small detail. One in twenty people are born Weavers, unique people with special abilities (using the Ability Craft abilities for now until I think of some of my own) called Weavings. The Weavings are divided into tiers, and each Weaver is born with one of the first-tier Weavings, which for now are:

• Waterweaving
  • Windweaving
  • Flameweaving
  • Punchweaving
  • Magicweaving

These abilities can be combined via a process called Interweaving, which allows the two Weavers to create a new, higher-tier Weaving, and they must then agree on which one will receive it in addition to their own abilities.

There’s a lot more to dive into, but you can ask me anything. Also please help I need advice because I’m genuinely stuck here

Maybe I should just focus on Bound (my sci-fi fantasy book series) for now

1 Like

I cast fist

It is a placeholder

Until I’ve worked out some more original Weavings that don’t just steal from rip off Infinite Craft and Ability Wars hybrid

So anyway idek if Woven Together is any good

like you want story idea?

Not necessarily, I’m just trying to work out what I’m doing wrong because writing and worldbuilding are major hobbies of mine and something about this just doesn’t sit right

I also wanted a place to pitch my ideas

I’ve got a few characters sorted out but like I’m not even sure what I want to do with all of it

so what’s the story

Well there’s four arcs

Arc 1: The Beginning Arc
Arc 2: The Lexicon Arc
Arc 3: The Enclave Arc
Arc 4: The Seamstress Arc

Each arc has a different main antagonist (except 1 and 4, they have the same one) but the protagonist, Artemis Aspen, does not change.

Arc 1 sees Artemis starting at the School of Weavers, an academy dedicated to the education of Weavers. There, he learns how to Magicweave more stably, and meets Raven Sycamore, a Flameweaver, as well as Alfred Thompson, a Punchweaver. The three quickly become friends, but hear rumours of a mysterious figure who is seeking out and somehow absorbing Weavings. It’s later revealed her name is Astra Noctis, and at some point in the arc Artemis and Raven Interweave and Artemis becomes a Lightweaver. The arc concludes with Artemis seemingly defeating Astra. (There’s more to it but that’s the gist)

Arc 2 takes place over the course of the School’s summer break and the three venture more around the area, and eventually come across a group called the Lexicon (who all go by Greek letters). One member, Iota, becomes friends with them and develops a crush on Raven but Raven doesn’t feel the same way. Iota angrily turns on them and vows that she won’t give up. Raven is worried she has made a mistake but Artemis and Alfred comfort her. Iota starts abusing the other Lexicon members, and begins forcing them all to Interweave so she can impress Raven, and if that doesn’t work, she’ll resort to threats. Mildly based on Warriors: The Broken Code. They eventually stop Iota who then runs away in tears, but she’s not done yet

I’ll explain the next two arcs tomorrow

punchweaving.

Yeah so what, it’s not permanent

keep it, it’s funny as hell.

source: another worldbuilder

Okay then! Still haven’t a clue what I’m gonna do with any of this but thanks for the feedback!

P. S. Guys that’s the main advice I’m looking for, sorry I forgot to mention - the hell do I do with these ideas? I’m writing a book series called Bound on Wattpad but I can’t, er, Interweave them? Hahaha… I’m not funny. Anyway if you guys have any ideas of what to do with Woven Together then please let me know

If you can’t properly link the two stories together then just have them be separate series. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless you have enough free time to reasonably work on both.

I probably do, but I never had any intention of putting them together anyway. They don’t work together

Okay I have an idea.