Syka's worldbuilding idiocy

Yeah so what, it’s not permanent

keep it, it’s funny as hell.

source: another worldbuilder

Okay then! Still haven’t a clue what I’m gonna do with any of this but thanks for the feedback!

P. S. Guys that’s the main advice I’m looking for, sorry I forgot to mention - the hell do I do with these ideas? I’m writing a book series called Bound on Wattpad but I can’t, er, Interweave them? Hahaha… I’m not funny. Anyway if you guys have any ideas of what to do with Woven Together then please let me know

If you can’t properly link the two stories together then just have them be separate series. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless you have enough free time to reasonably work on both.

I probably do, but I never had any intention of putting them together anyway. They don’t work together

Okay I have an idea.

I’m gonna leave Woven Together to boil as I finish Bound book 1, and then I’ll write each Woven Together arc as a book. So I’ll do B1, WT1, B2, WT2, B3, WT3, B4, WT4, B5.

Punchweaving about be surreal :pray::pray:

y’know punchweaving could always just be the basic form of flesh/fauna manipulation if you really stretch the logic of it… :ghost:

Okay y’know what screw the whole storyline I’ve mentioned I’m gonna host this as an RP game on the forums instead, I’ll make a separate thread with more details when I’m ready

really my only suggestion is to somehow tie weaving into lore or don’t if you wanna keep it more mysterious or whatever.

ex. Devil Fruits have a “history” of being made of dreams or something, Magic in AO is from Prometheus, etc. etc.

since a way to create new Weavings/Weaves is by “agreeing” on one and Interweaving, maybe weaving as a whole could be explained by like, two people (Adam and Eve or however you wanna take it) like, went, “yeah let’s make this cool power” idk :sob: it just sounds cool to make some sort of epic backstory for the creation or usage of a power system.

if weaving, visually, looks “flowy” as i imagine it would (sort of like strings or ribbons), maybe make it like Luffy? where like, they can extend their fists or just generally increase their physicality or “aura,” like sending shockwaves or something (sorta like Radius Fist)

i haven’t watched it yet so bear with me if i’m wrong in some way but doing something like JJBA could be cool where most Parts have different MC’s with different powers, but if you’re content on keeping one protagonist that’s perfectly fine too lmao, just a suggestion cause JJBA’s concept of that is pretty cool

uh, anyway, my suggestion for worldbuilding? One Piece. it is THE greatest bit of worldbuilding i’ve seen of all the media i’ve consumed because of the sheer amount of history everything has. each island has it’s own past, future, each character has their own reasons for existing and dreams to persist for.

even if your world isn’t nearly as big as One Piece’s (approximately 7x that of Earth) or the cast isn’t as large, it’s still important to keep in mind an acronym i’m making on the spot as i write this: uhhhh, let’s see…

D: Dreams
R: Reasons & Relationships
A: Attitude (as in personality)
F: Future

DRAF (pronounced Giraffe, i’m now living by this rule)

every character has to have a dream or plan for their future, a reason to exist in the series, a set of relationships, whether with other characters or specific areas, have a personality original to them (unless if you’re specifically going for overused archetypes like Saiki K. does), and a Future (you know, how they progress and evolve through the story)

DRAF also goes for areas, not just characters (just replace Dreams with like, uh, Draft? like… what the area looks like? idk) and Attitude inferring what “vibe” you want the place to give.

i could go on but i think this gets the point across.

live by DRAF, because they live with you.

idk if this didn’t answer your questions/concerns then feel free to ask more i might’ve missed something lmao i yap too much

1 Like

this is what i meant by that “flowy” look. i imagine the actual visuals of weaving would look like ribbons when ribbon dancing but that’s just my headcanon lmao

visuals are very important to detail when writing a novel. to write a good book without visuals you NEED to be descriptive. i’ve heard Steven King is a good example (from my mother. she is a fanatic lmao), so maybe read his books for inspiration and/or entertainment if you like horror.

i don’t read books much anymore but i probably should :person_shrugging: but eh, yeah, just try to be descriptive and explain what it’d look like because that’ll keep the readers entertained during fights because they can see it playing easier in their mind AND, hell, who knows, maybe you’ll get it animated/televised if you’re lucky enough, and then that saves you having to explain as much to the directors

Okay thanks

I might make it as a book at some point but I’m gonna host an RP set in the Woven Together world on the forums first

Be on the lookout.

And so it begins.

how long did you spend planning this

About a month

Why do you ask

im just thinking if i should play and just kinda guessing the quality

I’m going to make it as good as I physically can, don’t worry

If you still have doubts, that’s okay