Tester QNA

Shiftlock is just an option you can use with anything, it’s not automatic when equipping a tool. You can even do shiftlock fishing if you want
Oh yeah forgot to answer the second part, fighting styles are supposed to be the strength version of magic. They are supposed to be balanced

1 Like

I like it already

8 Likes

I ain’t a tester or anything, but Vetex has already stated multiple times that he’s ensuring fighting styles and weapons will be able to rival magic in their utility and range of application.

1 Like

Is first person pov a thing?

yea

I want games and stories that make me feel pain

Is PvP still the same as WoM? Is the invis and random firing blasts on clients screen fixed?

Is the game still laggy ( fps drop) in fighting scenarios? or in general

I’m thoroughly convinced Morden instantly dies.

3 Likes

Does the shark hall actually have shark stuff

Will explosion be usable underwater?

What will crystal look like after revamp of magic?

1 Like

In terms of Crystal on its own and not with synergies the damage is really good but it’s not as easy to proc since Crystal is slow and you might run out of time before you can get 4 on them and an extra hit.

However someone could definitely make it work with playstyle adjustments (e.g. setting certain attacks to hit multiple times, playing very aggressively, maybe even throwing in some cast/magic speed, etc.)

If somebody has a magic that clears it tho then good luck.

No but as of now no but it’s fairly easy to walk on tbh. In all honesty it shouldn’t be any easier to walk on since it’s just supposed to be an extra feature and not a transportation method. You can already use it for some really cheap stuff.

No it’s a combustion explosion rather than a pressure explosion so it generally works the same as other heat magics.

On the ground they feel better but the aerial part is the most important so far, to which I can say with a good strength build melee can kind of compete against magic but magic is still the better option (you can still win with weapons though it’s just unlikely).

Keep in mind weapons aren’t done this is just a perspective from them being in development so they’ll surely be viable.

@Inferno Forgot to comment on aerial stuff it makes a big difference when fighting against magic

2 Likes

What changed in the sand rework
pls

Will trying to shoot from behind trees be as annoying in WoM when the magic just hit the tree?

1 Like

hmm, can you tell us the exact amount of time or are you not allowed to tell us? It would be nice to know
Anyways nice to know that crystal has become atleast somewhat better as a solo magic. Hopefully the synergies will make it a good magic for when 2nd magics are out.

which are? or is that info you cant speak of yet?

interesting. Thanks for the info. That makes me hyped of what is to come for weapons. Especially since i wanna go conjurer.
Hopefully the rest of the changes vetex has planned will make them be on the same playing field as magic.

10 seconds

On Trello in the magic section or the patch notes

Anything that shatters will clear Crystal (except maybe other Crystal users haven’t checked but prob not since Crystal only shatters at 4 hits anyways)

1 Like

please
what changed in sand
please

No but shiftlock is, first person prob wouldn’t look good with magic and would probably end up being incredibly blinding anyways.

Hard to tell when we can’t get full servers but seemingly yeah

Magic as a whole feels somewhat different from WoM but in a good way. If you’re talking about how unique each magic is in terms of mechanics they’re still relatively similar in playstyle but they look and feel more different.

1 Like