TGR: Moving on, Looking back

I came up with the idea of this post about 6 months after AO was announced. Now remember that this game was meant to be developed for “multiple” months.
AO is now under 12 hours away to release, and it’s safe to say, it’s a very surreal experience. Why wouldn’t it be? It’s been two years since it’s announcement, and so much has happened in that time. We’ve seen many people enter the community, we’ve seen others unfortunately leave. We’re all two years older now. Hell, I wasn’t even 13 when I joined the forums.
It would be extremely difficult to revise everything that happened in this period of the community, where so much happened.
The forum was at its best state in my opinion, posts were stale, yes, but the community was still really close together. And while we won’t see this type of community after AO releases, I’m sure we’ll remember it.

Honestly this post is barely an formal post like I used to do 2 years ago, it’s a thank you note.
Thank you for these incredible 2 years. This community is what keeps me playing games, genuinely.

I wish all of you the best of luck in achieving your goals for AO.

21 Likes

godspeed

cant wait to meet yall in game

1 Like

Is the excitement also keeping you from sleeping too? Waiting for AO was quite the journey, but at least we had everyone here to keep us some company.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good time playing the game. (I know I will!)

thinking that i was a stupid 15 years old back then makes me go nuts but im happy i sticked around and now im here ready with a functioning brain to play this masterpiece

1 Like

I’d say so lol
I went to sleep at 4 am last night because i wanted to stick through the entirety of the tournament.
Worth.

1 Like

I’m excited to experience all this for at least another 5 years.

two years? i can feel my flesh withering, my bones crumbling away…

Matt Damon Aging GIF - Savingprivateryan Ww2 Old GIFs

on another note, i tried to stay awake really long until i passed out so i’d be able to wake up right before launch but i ended up only sleeping a few hours, and now i’m going to have to wait nine hours awake.

Should’ve drank some coffee.

also, that’s quite a way to mess up your sleep schedule

well it’s just called preparing
AO at 9 PM for me lmao

Just do what you normally do until the time comes. And try not to think about it too much.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.