Tgr should fix wom, not make a new game

AO is fixing WoM.

Problems with WoM and their AO solutions:

1. Continents take a long time to make. There is a lot of emptiness between POIs that take months to implement. That’s why there hasn’t been a new interesting thing added to the WoM map since release. However, if the game was fragmented into islands, the space between POIs can simply be ocean. He can then add multiple islands with towns per update.

2. Making all NPCs feel alive is extremely resource intensive and adds very little to the game. However, if all non-enemies are replaced by static NPCs, this issue can be fixed.

Problems that these solutions bring up & auxiliary solutions:

1. If the game is in islands, it is difficult to get from place to place. This can be fixed by implementing ships.

2. If all NPCs are static and preset, the existing quest system cannot work. This can be fixed by making quests preset as well. This would also require making the story more linear (which is good, since the WoM story was boring and would always be boring because of the way story quests worked).

3. If the game is replaced with islands, how will that fit with the lore? This can be fixed by scrapping the existing story and replacing it with one that takes place around the same time as AA. This would have to be in a new place in order to have AA able to exist in the lore.

Every change that AO brings is a logical solution to every problem with WoM.

AO is just a better idea for Vetex to develop in general. The dumbass tried making an open world game (WoM) as a solo dev. Of course it’s gonna be shit, one person can’t make all those modular systems, let alone optimize them unless they take massive amounts of time. Everyone’s demanding another update because each update really just adds so little to the gameplay.

God knows why he didn’t get any help other than some builders which have nothing to do with coding, but if he really has that much of a problem with working with other people, the formula AO’s going for is going to be more optimal. Static NPCs are much easier to code and place, islands are much easier to build since you don’t have to BUILD the ocean, and the unnecessary hard-to-code modular systems will be no more.

The most important part of a game is gameplay, and in AO, since he’s spending much less time on the things I said above, Vetex can spend more time refining gameplay. The game will probably end up being much more fun this way.

He already made most of the WoM specific systems, so I don’t know what your “coding help” point is about.

Those systems took months to make??? Do you not remember the update gap???
And in the end they didn’t even make the game any fun.

So the unfixable concepts and systems are fixable by… working on them until they’re fixed? How do you “fix/polish a system” that’s already completed and polished? That’s right! Make a new one or remake it, which is exactly what Vetex is doing right now!

Man you should REALLY not be a developer…

Nah man I think you shouldn’t be a developer

1 Like

you ever heard of opinions? yeah everyone forgot about them here

if the community wasn’t a hot pile of burning shit that it is, wom would be better

Yeah, a good game. A massively flawed one, of which most of it’s flaws are being tackled right now with TGR, but a good game nevertheless. :man_shrugging:

nah what you’re saying is -
wom systems were unfixable and thrash and they could not be fixed

vetex says -
nah bro if I had more time i could’ve fixed them but couldn’t cuz broke

any system if you work on it can be fixable with time just look at no man’s sky for ex- shitty systems just like wom at launch but developers updated it with and gradually it became good.

2 Likes

alright tell me now how do you fix the storyline system that wom has

should note making it linear is not an option cause of the way WoM cultures work and because of how big the map is

Choosing to make a big-ass map like Magius already gave the game a death sentence, tbh.

Yea especially with the random culture system and random boss spawning crap.
A more linear story and map design is better. I am pretty sure vetex has good plans to improve upon his ideas that were used in AA and even new ideas he wants to implement into AO.
We just have to patiently wait.

LMAO ok buckaroo.

1. Your first paragraph was basically just you saying how you felt when the revamp got announced. Not an opinion. The only thing even close to an opinion was you saying you thought it ruined the uniqueness of the game, but you didn’t say shit other than that. What uniqueness? Compared to what? How? Why?

2. Second paragraph was just you making statements on what TGR is “supposed to be”. Again, are you the dev? How in the flying fuck do you even know what the game is supposed to be? You’re just saying what you felt WoM was supposed to be. Again, and?

Jesus.

I dont think you have seen the hate that Tgr gets. Also WOM is still in the cannon and will happen just not right now.

Vetex has build island games before so he knows what hes doing more with AO

Also alot of the ideas just didnt work in WOM like an open world full of npcs that can move and function on their own. Its laggy to this day and I have a custom pc.

Also what @JUMBO said about the map

technically, tgr is doing both

1 Like

… This was all that was needed to solve this discussion and prevent a flamewar.

This is such a weird thought process. The core gameplay such as inventory, chests, items, characters, spells, and tons more are the same, but set in a better world and with lots more polish, while removing the terrible features such as the game being focused around RNG fetch quests. How is that, in any way, a bad thing? It sounds like you’re just used to Roblox games being shit so you can’t see how this can be any better than WoM.

And yes, this is my excuse to make a new game, because WoM was flawed. Its core systems are good, thats the only redeemable part of it. AO will become a good game way faster than WoM would have if it hadn’t been fully revamped, I don’t know why people can’t just trust that. So yes, I’m using TGR as an excuse to turn a shit game into a good one.

Post is pointless, I’m not changing my entire plans based on the vocal minority

12 Likes