Tgr should fix wom, not make a new game

Since a lot of posts praise tgr, I think I need to make a hate post.
When tgr was announced, I was happy that wom will be fixed, in terms of gameplay. But when details were announced, I had mixed feelings. As someone who has never played AA, I thought it would be fun, and as a veteran Wom player, I thought that it ruined the uniqueness of the game.
Basically, tgr is vetex’s excuse to make a new game. TGR is supposed to give us a better wom, the one with less lag, more fun and better exploring, instead vetex ditched it all and decided to make a new game.
I want to hear your opinion about this.

4 Likes

Yeah but
Wom with no dynamic npcs that are immortal and just watch the city get destroyed
Looks kinda shit

Welp too late now

4 Likes

read this

2 Likes

I do really like the aspect WoM gave. I liked a continent over continuously fumbling around in the sea trying to get onto my sailboat in AA because I used a magic spell whilst it was moving.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re hate will even try change vetex’s opinion, there’s really no reason for complaint.

I’m sure AO will be unique in it’s own way, while still being a SEQUEL to AA, did you see what I said there, I said SEQUEL, it’s the sequel to AA, might aswell make it like it’s predecessor.

uh oh

this might turn into another shitshow rant

Arcane Adventures was a master piece, I can’t explain how much fun it was. I highly recommend you try out Arcane Reborn to get sort of the same feel. It is Arcane Adventures but remade. Trust me, you will like the total game revamp.

Yeah i know that AA was a masterpiece and AO will be too
Im talking that fixed wom would not have dynamic npc and look kinda bad

But the dynamic npcs weren’t what made World Of Magic, World of Magic.

1 Like

Wom fans can only hope for someone to make a buggy remake

2 Likes

well when wom is massively flawed the only way to fix it is to scrap it

none of the concepts and ideas of wom worked in reality, so really, how do you fix something that cant be fixed?

dynamic npcs were honestly really annoying tbh

bruh who tf cares about it being a sequel to some dead game you can’t even play anymore.

pretty sure vetex would have made wom a good game if he had the time

but yeah, it would have taken forever to build the continent, would have been insanely annoying to balance the world, and there’d be a bunch of inherent flaws that could hurt how fun the game was

AO will be easier to make and much more fun than wom at the same time :nod:

It didn’t work because vetex continually built new systems every other month without polishing them after release. The concepts could’ve worked, had they been developed with care, and that’s why some of us really don’t like AO because it scraps a lot of potential WoM had.

1 Like

Because Vetex promised us a sequel, WoM may be canon in lore but the story is dogshit, the game has way too many problems, it’s extremely on some people’s pc and while all the ideas for it looked and sounded amazing on paper, they were probably not going to turn out how we hoped, do you understand how disappointed people were with the storyline update? We were all so hyped about it because we thought maybe it’d be like an AA style linear story with 2 paths, but no, no talking to npcs, just grinding to get “stronger” and beat some extra cheesable bosses which in my opinion, were the best part of the update, the only time I got slightly engaged in the story, WAS AT THE END. We want a true sequel, it does matter to us, if you don’t like it, then okay, how you about instead of complaining now you wait to see for yourself? Then when you’ve played it, you can complain all you fucking want. I loved WoM, but I’m sure AO will leave more of a lasting impact on me and most of the community more than WoM ever could.

5 Likes

1 Like

if vetex hired lore writers, the game wouldn’t be like your pfp

Yes there’s a lot of dumb flaws with lore, but a lot of the history of this world that Vetex created is hidden, like what we have now is like idk 10-25% of the full thing, plus part of it was never finished, I’m sure after AO, Vetex will write everything in the lore doc, I’ve even asked tech if they would be willing to make a map of the WHOLE arcane world and he said most likely