That One Time I Got Stuck in a Magical Desert and Smited by Divine Lightning

so i basically tried writing an encounter between sandal and vetex (it’s a bit cringy)

El Historia

Days, weeks, months. For three fortnights, I’d been walking across the Arcane Sands. No food, no water, NOTHING. Cool, right? Obviously, as per having a million magics, this wasn’t really a problem for me, as my body could magically sustain itself to a degree without need for food or drink, albeit I wasn’t really sure as to how far this ability extended, but it worked nonetheless, and I was going with it.

Actually, I haven’t even introduced myself! I’m Sandal, referred to by those of the forums as “The Man of a Million Magics” (if you wanna be fancy anyway, which is cool by me).

Anyway, I wasn’t even sure how I got here. I basically just woke up some six weeks ago and found myself in the desert (fancy, right?). Now, you might say:

“But Sandal, if you have a million powers, can’t you just teleport back home with your epic magical abilities of utter and absolute awesomeness?”

And yeah, I guess you’re right. Except, well…I didn’t really know if I could. While I truly did have a million magics, I could only use very few of them, only really 7-8 at a basic level at most (lame, I know). Now, don’t get me wrong, I actually did try teleporting at first when I woke up in this miserable, subsidiary excuse for Arizona, except, well…it didn’t really work. I wasn’t sure whether it was because I was just plain bad at utilizing my Brobdingnagian arsenal of magic(s), a lack of knowledge, or because I really couldn’t teleport. Whatever it was, though, I’d have to resort to plan B nonetheless.

And what was plan B, you ask? Well, simply put, it was…walking. Like, literally just walking for miles until I could find any slight, meager, even minute trace of civilization.

So, I walked. The landscape was arid and sandy, as any desert would be. I kept walking, and walking, and walking, and walking, walking and walking for miles…

Then, I collapsed. Even though my magic had kept my legs going for but so long, it was starting to falter, I could absolutely feel it in my bones, dwindling, but still completely functional. Whatever, I’d just go to sleep and start again tomorrow, it seems pretty possible…

“BANG!”
HABLAAWTWATIUWATHIWUAHTWA? Oh, yeah, I’m awake. I was awoken by the abrupt and indecent thunder crackling across the sky, thunder that of which I, weirdly, had a good feeling it didn’t like me. I looked around at the sky, and it was just your average thunderstorm…except for one thing. Normally, in a thunderstorm, you have THUNDER, the sound caused by lightning when it wants to jumpscare you in the middle of the night. Lightning flashed at random, arbitrary intervals, appearing in colors of blue and…green? I’d heard of colored lightning before, but never had I seen green lightning before! But it wasn’t just that, either. Every time there was a bolt or flash of lightning, a weird, um, feeling came over me, like an intimidating aura of power. I felt powerful, like a Superman infused with the power of six suns, but I also felt powerless at the same time, like if the suns that Superman was infused with had Brobdingnagian proportions of kryptonite in their cores. Then, I felt weird, like something, or, maybe, someone was behind me. It felt strange–no, not strange, eldritch. I felt something strange, like its entire being was jampacked with animosity and acrimony.
Instantly, a circle engraved with a symbol of fire manifested at my hand as I clenched my fist. Fire magic.

I turnt around fast, like, really fast, but every moment that I turnt around felt like an eon was passing, if eons were half as long. I saw right behind me a man, and he was, like, weird. The only way I could describe it is as if the antropromorphic child of lightning and death itself was staring you down, and if that sounds weird, it is, and that’s exactly what I saw. They were wearing a cloak, but you could tell they were definitely wearing a hoodie underneath. Then, they raised their hand, and for a second, I wasn’t sure what they were doing. Then, I realized. I put my hand in front as fast as possible and tried casting a fireball, but I simply wasn’t fast enough. Insantly, he brought his hand down, and then…it came. A Brobdignagian, Atlantean bolt of pure, green, and inconvenient lightning right where I was, crashing down with the force of more than a million Herculeses, followed by literally the loudest bang in the universe. Even a single electron caused agonizing pain; that, I knew for certain.
“But Sandal, if you got hit like that, how are you even still alive? Heck, how are you even telling this story?”

Well, let me explain. When I got hit, I woke up in my bedroom, weirdly. I would have said it was just a dream, but it didn’t really feel like it. I felt weird, like I had been blasted by a billion joules at once, but somehow appeared outwardly fine. I looked outside my window, and it was warm, as Arizona always was. I looked to the rest of my bedroom, and everything was still just as it was. My bed, computer, storyboard, story rough drafts, story art, story watchamalcits, art, and papers were all still there. I raised my hand and summoned a slowly turning magic circle; epic, I wasn’t dreaming.
So yeah, that’s basically how I got stuck in a magical desert and smited by divine lightning, any questions?

I regret absolutely nothing

Hi Sandal, I’m Fish

mfw when I have the “divine energy absorption magic”

cool story tho lol

I feel like I lost my touch for writing comedic writing. Nice story though, didn’t know you could write!

wasn’t there some guy who got struck by lightning 9 times in 6 months?

Giga Chad Average Enjoyer GIF - Giga Chad Average Enjoyer Man - Discover &  Share GIFs

I mean, they didn’t really have a million magics.

no in real life.

i meant that the dude IRL who got smited 9 times didn’t have a million magics unlike sandal but sure…?

true.