The Ancient Magic dilemma

for the purpose of economy like you said
i just dont want it to be as boring as “grind dark sea for 17 hours then read scroll and boom, ancient magic”
it should require some sort of meditation like awakening

well if it is a quest maybe prepare your body by defeating (insert criminal near your level in server), and prepare your mind by traveling to (place in server)

something like that so it actually shows character progress rather than “wow you can read, take this incredibly powerful ancient treasure of a magic”

Could be a metaphorical fight where you face against an NPC recreation of you, but with the lost magic.

you read it then you go into a white space in your mind where you fight a champion who wields the magic
just a side thought, but for flare it could even be someone who looks like iris

or meet the requisites beforehand (magic build that can use it assuming any magic build can get lost and mage ancient, some kind of kill amount?)

iris refight but its the same as frostmill. maybe in your mind you fight some user of said magic old or new (people trying to get phoenix or sun fighting theos)

maybe it could be ‘meet prerequisites, meditate somewhere relating to the magic, fight a boss’
i recall one legendary chart revamp idea for ar was to fight a champion wielding the weapon

trying to get gravity magic what if you fight a guy who acts like argestes

1 Like

you fight the god related to a magic

For Phoenix magic, fighting theos seems fair. It’s THE lost magic. It has speed, size, power, it has burn, it has healing, it even has flight.

it might lose flight but prob good hover spell, if it has all that then i assuming its healing in party with pvp off

Agreed.

you go into your mind and fight a silhouette figure who wields the magic and has physical attributes of the champion
e.g. you fight a silhouette of theos in a white space for phoenix or a silhouette of iris in a white space for flare
(the white space is your mind)

I also want to hear a killer boss theme remix

Gotta keep the bloodline pure!

who said your mind was white, what if it is the color of your current magic since thats what occupies the mind

eugenics odyssey

hear me out its the color of your soul

(its a representation of your psyche, like where sukuna told jogo to stand proud)

Holy shit is that a bleach reference?
(Peroxide I guess too lol)

then prob first magic or your spirit color