The Curse Journal of Iapetus Forge

This piece of work is ongoing, and will be continued as the story of AO is updated.
As it uses information not found in the official lore document, it is not intended as an accurate list of curses, however my own take on each of them

The Curse Journal,

Of Iapetus Forge.

Long ago, I was travelling through the First Sea in search of some buried treasure, when I ran into the most interesting man I have ever met. Randal, a man who only called himself an “Author” but who I suspect to be a Curse User himself. He told me tales of lands on the other side of the world, of cities ancient which we wouldn’t have even thought about. He also told me many things about the magical Curses which leads me onto my next point. Since then I’ve been dedicated to discovering information about these curses, and with a bit of magic so powerful and secret even the gods had hardly an idea about it, and some luck of course - I think I have some of the best information throughout the whole world surrounding these dangerous little cubes.

So, let us begin.

The Cloud Curse

Current Status: Vault
Ownership: The Ravenna Realm under Prince Revon
Previous Owner: Beringer, of the Azura Province
Previous Owner’s Cause of Death: Murder using an unknown Devourer, kept alive with potions for some time after the fatal strike.

The Cloud Curse is a low level elemental curse which allows users to turn their body into, and manipulate clouds. It was forcibly taken via devourer by General Argos of Ravenna, shortly before the General’s death during the collapse of Fort Talos. I do not know why Argos would target an emissary of another nation, however as far as I’m aware Azura does not know where Beringer is at this current point. I managed to get this information from a hooded figure I met in Ravenna, who unfortunately managed to slip a vial of some harming potion into their mouth whilst I was interrogating them. I tried to sneak into the Curse Vault under the Ravenna Castello, but I was caught before I could make an accurate report on it, however I easily escaped after tricking the guards.
No successor for the Cloud Curse has been chosen yet by the current Prince of Ravenna.

The Glass Curse

Current Status: Taken
Ownership: General Julian, of The Ravenna Realm

Ahh yes, the Glass Curse. I had the misfortune to run into General Julian only a few weeks ago, as I was walking through the streets of Rubica. Admittedly, I was trying to buy some trade-restricted potions off someone at the time, and hell it’s unfortunate that it happened on the one day head high lord of glass was strolling the streets. Julian is arrogant, cocky and all around a pain to deal with, compared to the late Zaix and more recently Argos, he’s nothing but a fool, and a foolish one at that. I heard that the new Death Curse user was part of the group which assassinated Calvus, and poor Julian almost got his death handed to him like cream cheese.

In terms of Curse, I guess glass is clearly cool - but damn are the splinters hard to remove.

The Wave Curse

Current Status: Unknown
Previous Owner: General Zaix of The Ravenna Realm
Previous Owner’s Cause of Death: The Disaster of Cassia Town.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Zaix in his life, but as far as I’m aware he was a proud, patriotic and a brave warrior. Wielding such a powerful curse like Wave, theoretically he could disable almost any opponents attacks with ease with its energy draining properties, but unfortunately I have doubts that he was particularly proficient. Not much information about this one, and sadly no vaults to break into.

The Growth Curse

Current Status: Taken
Ownership: Randal, my favourite “Author.”

Crazy story right, I was sailing down from Palo town after meeting with a girl called Maya, we talked a bit and she gave me some information on something important - but that’s not what this book is about - and as I was heading past Harvest Island, I noticed a heavily bound book floating in the water.
It must be a huge coincidence - but it turns out Randal wrote it. I’m not sure how it got here, in the Bronze Sea thousands of miles away from where I last saw him, It’s almost like it fell from the sky or something. Anyway the book confirmed a theory I’ve had for years - that Randal is actually a Curse User himself. With the power of the Growth Curse he must have been able to discover much more knowledge than I could ever comprehend. There’s a few half finished chapters on the Curse, detailing how it not only has power over plants but also interestingly souls as well.

I’ll keep an eye out for trees from now on - and I’ll try not to imagine that they’re all actually Randal!

The Slash Curse

Previous Owner: General Avery Walker, of The Thorne Empire
Previous Owner’s Cause of Death: Unknown, Possibly killed in the Cassia Town Incident

The Slash Curse is interesting: At the moment I’m struggling to pin down where it is however I know that it’s last recorded owner was General Avery Walker, who I assume died at Cassia Town. It had the ability to generate powerful greenish winds which can slash through almost anything. Powerful - and I’d hate to fight it when paired with a skilled swordsman who could use its properties to their advantage.
If I find where it is now, I’ll be sure to write more about it.

The Tide Curse*

*And a note on Cursebeard

Previous Owner: Arthur, The Cursebeard
Previous Owner’s Cause of Death: Killed by the Dark Wizard Durza.

Ah Cursebeard, if only I could have met him in life. Recently killed by Durza I believe. He owned a grand total of four Sea Curses. One of which was the Tide Curse:
As the very nature of Sea Curses opposes water, having a “Water Curse” wouldn’t make sense, so instead there’s one which merely manipulates existing liquid, the Tide Curse. It was powerful, but not much more can be said about it.

To Be continued At A later Date When i Have The time.

1 Like

Which curse should I write about first?

cloud curse

Hang on I think I’ve discovered something.
Yep i discovered something

what the fuck randomness why are you a mod

Just seasoned writer

for whatever reason we get mod powers in this category

• Added the Tide Curse