The Cursed Sea Ch. 3&4

Sorry this took so long, got busy in some irl stuff, but now I’m free :fr:

Recap: After being attacked by pirates, William Ketch and his friends head to Palo Town in search of materials to repair their ship. Soon after, his friend Adam discovers rumors of a Sea Curse in the depths of The Dark Sea. After holding a vote on whether to risk their necks for such power, they lower the sails and begin the voyage for glory or for death.

Chapter 3: The Gates

3 hours after the vote

I take my hands off the wheel once we arrive at the Gates to the Dark Sea. The air here is chilly, and I can already see the thick fog clouding ahead. As we approach the Keeper, we raise our sails.
“Halt,” The Keeper orders, “What is your business approaching my Gates?”
"We’re here to pass into the Dark Sea, our reasoning isn’t important,"I respond
He laughs, “If you really think you can withstand more than an hour in there, just leave all your Galleons here, nothing worse than those sweet, golden coins going to waste because of your foolishness.”
“No.”
“All of them, so overconfident… Oh well! Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he says as he opens the Gates, “Good luck…”
We lower the sails and begin the voyage into the unknown.

End of Chapter 3

Chapter 4: Cloudy Wastes

As I hear the Gates slam against the entrance to the Dark Sea, i still debate to myself if this was a good idea, regardless of the vote. The selfish side of me argues that a Sea Curse would aid me and my friends in our ultimate goal. The keep-yourself-safe side of me argues that what Adam heard is just a rumor, and we could be risking our lives for nothing. No matter what I think now, it’s too late to turn back.

2 hours later

I feel cold, hot, and colorblind all at the same time. I brush off the small crystals forming across my skin. Ever since our ship went through the Gates, the fog has only worsened. I can’t see more than about 15 meters ahead of our ship. I hear voices in my head, probably the insanity caused from the Sea’s Magic pollution.
I decide to go inside the ship’s quarters to take a break from navigating. I see Ivan pumping his fists in case of an emergency and walk over to him.
“Anything?” He asks me.
“Nothing more than thicker fog and a few sharks,” I notice a few members are missing, “Where’s the others?”
“Kyle went to go get a drink of water, he hasn’t been feeling well lately,” Ivan answers, “Lots of physical endurance, but no mental.”
I nod, “What about Adam and Amy?”
“They’re in the lower deck. I think they’re trying to map our course, not so sure about that idea.”
“Thanks, I’ll go see for myself.”
“Mhm, I’ll see you later.”
I walk outside with the intention of talking to Adam, but something catches my eye. An island. It seems about medium sized, with an overgrown landscape. I quickly raise the sails at the shore. This was our first thing of interest since the Gates, we had to check it out.
“Everyone, we’ve arrived at an island!”

End of Chapter 4

3 Likes