Now I’ve seen many people talk about cross file trading, but with the addition of the Dark Sea, I just had an idea on how this could work.
You may know that the Dark Sea has randomly generating islands and megastructures. One of these could be the island for this suggestion, or it could spawn on an already existing one, rarely.
The bank could appear as a small, broken down shack, but glowing particles fill the inside. Someone or something (the banker) could stand outside the shack, next to the door.
This structure would be uncommon, maybe a 1/50 chance of being generated.
People always ask to be able to trade across files, but just being able to send items to another could be overpowered - or extremely annoying.
There’s three ways this might work.
When talking to the banker, it asks you if you want to link your “lives” (placeholder name) if you’ve already linked a file, it would instead say “Welcome back.” and show 3 options: Link a new file, transfer items, and leave.
When linking a file, it asks you to pay a certain amount of galleons. You can choose a single file to link, but once you link it, you can freely transfer items to and from each file while having the bank opened.
- You can only link one file at a time. (Per file, for example file 1 <-> file 2 but you can also have file 3 <-> file 4)
- You can freely take and place items from both files.
- Files will stay linked forever
One way transfer. When talking to the banker, you can ‘trade’ items to any of your files, and will act like a normal trade - however, you can send as many as you want. (They cost galleons depending on the value of the items)
When you log in to those files, they will appear in your inbox, but with a purple marker. The appearance is similar to a normal trade request, but it will be colored purple and will say “Transfer Attempt” or something.
- You can trade as much times as you want
- You have to log into those files in order to accept
Literally just a item bank, where you have to pay to open your account and then you can store items or galleons there.
- Pay every time you open the account.
- Only one account, but it is connected across all files.
- You can finally trade across files without using an alt
- Balanced, so you can’t just switch armor sets at will
- Has a sense of belonging since it utilizes in-game “lore.” The magic energy is so strong that you can channel to alternate universes.
Probably will be underutilized once people realize that its probably not a necessary addition lmao
it would also require some datastore magic since you have to access other files’ data
What do you think, would this fit nicely into the game?