The Definitive Fix for Vitality (Real)

The Definitive Fix for Vitality (Real)
effort 4.6 5 quality 3.75 4 reasonability 2.8 5

We all know about Vitality’s biggest problem: right now it’s essentially dead weight and when “spirit weapons” are added it becomes weapons v2 with some extra health on top
How do we fix this? Well, first of all, what do the other three stats have in common?
They increase or improve your arsenal of abilities:
Weapons grants you more weapon skills, Strength more and improved techniques, and Magic more and improved magic spells, so what should Vitality do?

There are three actions in the game right now which cannot be adjusted, customized, altered, improved (directly), or replaced in any way: Dodging, Blocking and High Jumping

My proposal is simple: Vitality would improve those 3 abilities and also allow us to use Lost and Ancient “Arts” to add more spice to said abilties

Here are a few examples of possible additions to those abilities that could be unlocked through investing in Vitality (and some variants of said skills)

DODGING

Attributes

Speed - Would increase or decrease stamina cost
Distance - Would increase or decrease stamina cost
Charges - Amount of dodges in a row at full power

Variants

Destructive Dash - Deals impact damage at the end of the dodge, reduced range or speed to compensate. AOE, number of ticks, etc would be customizable
Slicing Sprint - Deals damage through the dash, less dodge charges to compensate. AOE and more customizable
Blink - Straight teleportation. Considerably higher stamina cost and shorter range to compensate.
??? - Can dash in the air (Not like Airstep, literally just a dash in the air)

BLOCKING

Attributes

Block Power - Increases or decreases stamina cost (small range, maybe 40~65%)
Speed - Increases or decreases stamina cost
Parry Effect - Choice of bonus on parry, such as +health regen speed, +dmg, +speed, and so on (short time period)

Variants

Bull Rush - Linear charge (cannot change direction) while blocking. Less dmg reduction but deals damage while charging and on impact. Significant stamina consumption.
Deflection - Could deflect attacks on parry back to the enemy at reduced size, speed, and damage. Much less dmg reduction on normal block, and could not be held.
Repel - Charges up on taking damage while blocking, deals large AOE damage around blocker after a period of time. No moving while blocking, and blocking would have a moderate cooldown.

HIGH JUMPING

Attributes

Height - Affects stamina consumption
Jump Speed - Afffects stamina consumption (who could have guessed)
Charge Speed - Affects stamina cons. while charging

Variants

Blast Off - Deals AOE dmg when jumping (If I remember this was a planned Rare Spell)
Whirlwind Lift - Rising tide but higher
Shockwave Shift - Jump in the air, balanced like Magic Leap. More jumps = less power
??? - Deals AOE dmg while charging a jump

Now, if you read all that, you might be thinking “some of these are really similar to already existing abilities”
That’s understandable, but there are already a lot of very similar abilities in the game, like Shot & Beam or a lot of Weapon Skills, and that’s not a bad thing. The more build diversity the better - if you have better ideas for Vitality (or other ideas for Attributes and Variants) then by all means please suggest them as well

1 Like

agility and shields can modify them

3 Likes

Agility is solely a speed/distance increase
Just like Power can increase blast attack power along with reducing explosion and blast size, I’m hoping we will be able modify the stats directly
Shields are weapons only

(someone else suggested a vitality revamp a couple posts ago, so im copy/pasting what I said to here as well)

Honestly just make Vitality a druid/summoner class. Being able to summon things would add so much to Vitality, since its literally just a support class right now. Adding more things that help you (and your teammates) tank damage and draw agro would be nice. The elements could be toggled between Arcanium (normal with no downsides) or Elemental (uses your magic type, with the downside of being weak to the opposite damage type, so fire weak to water).

Maybe you could even turn it into a healing class. Use some magic/energy to heal your team or summons, or drain some of your HP for even bigger heals. This would definitely help with some of the harder bosses, especially if the bosses are just going to get harder and harder as the game goes on. And since Vex is adding in spirit weapons, Vitality wont be 100% heal and summon during a boss fight, you’ll actually be able to fight back.

(This part pertains specifically to your post now)
Giving Vitality users better stats would also just make sense. They have better vitals (are “healthier”), so they should 100% be a bit faster, or be able to block more, or even jump higher, which would work in conjunction with the abilities/attributes you mentioned.

4 Likes

I think Vitality should be removed

While reading this I was thinking “so vitality is about improving the body, right?” and then I realized… fighting styles! This is weirdly similar to fighting styles in theming. Also having all your abilities be on G, T, and shift (or WW) is a bit weird. The idea of improving your movement abilities and especially block is fine though. I don’t think this is a good idea, but it’s nice having more people talk about vitality.

It’s odd that vitality would improve dodging and high jumping while strength, which improves athleticism, wouldn’t.
Vit is in a really odd state rn but ig we just have to see what Vetex does with spirit weapons

While it’s a neat concept, I don’t really see mobility options fitting in with vitality’s whole gist. Though blocking would work decently well

1 Like

agreed tbh

Yeah, honestly while I was writing this I was thinking this really should just go to fighting styles

Personally, spirit-based suggestions would be more in-line with vitality

yea, but it’s hard to think of things for that

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.