The Devil’s Swordsman | Part 13

The Devil’s Swordsman - Part 13

A World of Magic Story

< Part 12

The sound of footsteps created loud impact against the stone stairs as soldiers marched up to the cell. The soldiers were then greeted with the man with the eyepatch beating up Dragomir’s face, even when both of his arms were attached tightly by a chain.

“Stop this at once!” One of the soldiers demanded. The eyepatched man slowly turned his head towards the guard, and the continued to punch Dragomir as he stared into their eyes. “That’s it!” The soldiers then scrambled for his keys to unlock the gate. As soon as the click of the key was heard, the man burst towards the guards and commenced his attack.

The man then proceeded to jump and high knee one of the guards, then flying a kick directly towards another. Before another guard was able to use their magic circle, the man took his clashed hands and banged then on the soldiers head, knocking them out. He then bent down to grab the chain of keys with his mouth to unlock the chains binding his arms together.

“Well would you look at that, seems like we’re getting out!” The criminal then took the set of keys to release Dragomir, with the both of them breathing sighs of relief.

“Now what do we do?”

“Well it would be just selfish to only release the two of us. How about we give each other a better chance and cause some chaos within these walls!” Dragomir then smirked and followed the lead of the man with with eyepatch.

“So, what’s really your name?”

“Just call me Eyepatch, I’m sure that wouldn’t be too hard to remember!” As they ran up the Silent Tower, they defeated the set of guards on each floor and let loose of the criminals who were captured. They eventually created a whole mob of dangerous individuals who were now raiding the Silent Tower.

Unknowingly to the mob, they had reached the top floor of the tower. There, they were greeted by a Magic Council Captain who stood next to a large guillotine. The captain turned around and was quite surprised by the group of released prisoners.

The captain then proceeded to cast her magic spell onto the ground with both arms, causing pillars of stone to rise up from the floor. Prisoners decided to run down the stairs in worry of them getting crushed. Their pursuit stood no change in the captain as she proceeded to extend pillars of stone from the walls as well. Some prisoners who were able to cast magic fought back against the captain as the others went to run away.

“Wait, Dragomir! I know somewhere where you can escape!” Eyepatch then motioned for Dragomir to follow him. As they went down to the floor below, Eyepatch showed Dragomir an open door for him to escape through. As they went outside, the two looked down and saw that they were far from the ground and still high up in the tower. “Do you think you’ll be able to climb down there?”

“I might need to take one more floor to be safe!” The two then rushed through the crowd of prisoners to the next floor below. The distance was shorter this time but still a long ways down.

“Thanks for the help, Eyepatch.”

“No problem!” Eyepatch then smirked and threw a thumbs up sign towards him. As Dragomir was preparing to climb down the tower, he noticed that the man that just helped him was heading back inside.

“Wait, aren’t you escaping too?”

“Sorry, but I was born a criminal. I can’t let this moment of chaos go to waste! Go ahead and go save your friends, they must be pretty lucky to have you.”

“Eh, I guess you could say that.”

“Take care! You may even see me in the news!” Eyepatch then scurried off as Dragomir waved him goodbye. Taking one more look, all Dragomir could notice was the steep climb down he would have to do.

As Dragomir readjusted himself for the climb, his body then began to shake uncontrollably. He himself felt perfectly fine, but he felt a sort of vibration within him. As he looked at the walls, they then began to crack uncontrollably, similar to lightning strikes. A large wall piece then flew down towards Dragomir’s direction, almost nearly crashing into him as he dodged the object.

“Is the sky falling?” Another piece then flew down towards the man as he noticed that the piece were coming from the building. “Oh, it’s just the building.”

After a few seconds of realization, Dragomir finally caught on to what was happening. “OH, IT’S THE BUILDING!!”

3 Likes

ehe comedi
would dragomir be less surprised about it if the sky is actually falling :troll: