The Devil’s Swordsman | Part 12

The Devil’s Swordsman - Part 12

A World of Magic Story

< Part 11

In the dead of night, the cries of a baby child was heard throughout the deep green forest. The sounds of chirping birds and buzzing bugs could not be heard on this night, as every sound was overridden by the echoes of a desperate child. A group of dangerous men heard this cry and went to approach this cryptic yell for help. As they walked with stern gazes and careful toes, the echoes increased in high volume.

The men laid their eyes upon the child, and what they saw frightened them. The sight was so extreme that some of the men dared to even look. The baby appeared to be surrounded in a white cloth; right on top of a wooden log. Behind the child was a campfire that was still lit, and brightened up the surrounding area. Unfortunately, the bodies of multiple people laid lifeless onto the grass floor, puddles of blood spread around the camp site. Tents were torn to bits and pieces while chests with dangled lids were evidently broken into. Though this imagery was gruesome, the baby stood clean and still, crying out into the forest.

From that day forward, the men decided to take the child in, but not in the way you expect. As the young boy grew up, he was in charge of handling all of the dirty work and had to clean behind the men. Not only that, but when the men became drunk and filled with booze, they would play games with the boy and played with his life as if it were a toy. All the while, the boy improved his knowledge by studying the men and reading the few books he could get his hands on. From these books, he could understand the outside world better, and long for the day of his escape.

One day the boy had enough with the games the men were playing, and decided to play his own little game. When the guild of men became drunk once again, he attacked one of the men in a secluded room and stabbed him with the shards of a broken glass bottle. The boy did not only like this new feeling of emotion, but craved for it. It was only after a couple stabs that he ached in hunger for more. As the night danced away, so did the lives of every member of the crew of men, leaving the boy all by himself once again.

News of this incident grew, so the boy decided to tuck deeply away from the Magic Council, learning to read more and advance his skills in the art of the dark arts. As time passed, his power grew to new heights that were rarely ever seen before, causing him to grow many followers all around Magius. His wicked, graphic deeds, the fear he grew into others’ souls, and the mixture of his large audience caused him to be known far and wide as ‘The Devil,’ with many only knowing of the figure but not the person themselves. The Devil’s true identity isn’t known, but it is believed that with all of his immense power, he keeps quite the fortune in his public life if he even has one.

What’s special about The Devil isn’t his powerful physical capabilities or his large following of followers, but the information that he pertains in his head. His love for knowledge never ended when he escaped so many years ago, but really only grew onto him. As his social power increased, he was able to create a series of networks where he’s able to gain new information swiftly and quietly. This system of communication is so effective that it is believed that he is aware of everything that goes behind the scenes, whether from a popular guild or the government themselves. In all, The Devil is a powerful man that shouldn’t be messed around with and he is always in the details.

“What if I told you I met him once, physically.” Dragomir asked his cell roommate.

“Physically?! Well, not many have had the chance to see him in-person, which means you’re one of a lucky few! Did you actually get to see his real face?”

“Well… not exactly. The whole setup was in some type of dark room, so I really only got to see the outline of him.”

“Wait… if I remember correctly, you said you weren’t able to complete a deal made with The Devil, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh no! I’m on panic mode once again! This is not good for you!”

“Why? What’s the matter?”

“You see, The Devil has his own personal ideals when it comes to these sort of things, and his idea of punishment to those who lie to him are not the best!”

“Why do you say that?”

“When you break a deal with The Devil, he doesn’t just go after you, but goes after the people you care about the most.” It was at that moment that Dragomir realized his mistake. If somehow what his cell mate was saying is true, then that would mean that Captain Rust may have already spoken to The Devil, most likely including Danny and Sammy. It may be cliché, but the people who he just recently met are the ones he cares about the most, and now, they’re in big trouble all because of him.

“I need to get out of here!” Dragomir then walked around in a hectic pace. Worry grew on him as he wasn’t sure what to do now that he was locked away behind bars.

“Don’t worry, I have just the solution. Get ready though, this ain’t gonna be too pretty.”

“Why do you say-” A powerful punch then flew right upon Dragomir’s face, hurting him directly onto his nose. Dragomir looked directly into the cellmate’s eyes with full confusion.

“What are you doing?!”

“Getting you out!”

Edit: Thanks for Reading Part 12! Here is where you can find Part 13!

4 Likes