The Flare | Chapter 3 - Pirate Crew |

Three men in an abandoned Tavern began doing a trade with various items. One of the men threw a bag of galleons to the other and the other gave him an amulet.

“What are you willing to give me for 3,000 galleons?”
The third man with a cold, raspy voice spoke wearing a grey suit and a grey fur-hood.

The second bandit threw a sunken sword onto the table, water particles still flowing off the sword and soaking the wooden table.

The grey-suited man picked it off the table and stood up, directing it into the air while examining it.

“How fascinating, this bladed weapon is emanating with magic energy, this beauty must have been sunken in the anomalous magic-polluted seas for five to six few decades.”
The third man examined the Sunken Sword, impressed by its magical status.

“Take it, but i want my 3,000 crowns!”
The second bandit stood up and responded.

“I’m afraid my pockets and far too small to exceed that much money.”
The third man laughed as he continued looking at the Sunken Sword.

The second man then slammed the table, jumping over it and punching the man in the face, holding an arrow right at his eye. Just then, the third man’s crew of pirates entered the room, holding the other two criminals at flintlocks.

The second bandit let go of the man and walked backwards to the back of the room with the first bandit.

“You do not even know the kind of power you have just given me for just a measly number of galleons.”
The grey-hooded man pointed the sword at them as water shot out from the sword with so much force it instantly broke their necks.

“Next Operation? Captain Anchor.”
First-Mate, Jared Lamina questioned.

“Let’s pay Bell Village a good old’ visit, lets earn some currency before leaving this ghastly land of Magius and also send a message to the entire land of the Kraken-Nest Pirates.”
Captain Anchor smiled, taking off his grey hood, showing a heavily scared face.

-Summerhold | Alchemist Headquarters-

The Flare arrived back to the headquarters after just stopping a robbery at the Tailor’s shop, all while saving all the customers.

“Once again, another store saved by the Flare!”
Nickolas cheered alongside Violet.

“He was pretty tough though, took about four magic blasts to take him out but now he’s serving time at the Silent Tower.”
Percy replied, taking off his red bandana as he smiled.

“You’ve had quite the journey so far, i must so you’ve came a long way from being struck by a magic storm’s attack.”
Derius Graves walked into a room with a classy-black trench coat.

“You’re back? Did you manage to pay for the fines-”
Violet said.

“Yes, there is no need to worry about that situation anymore and as long as we won’t do something that ridiculous again, we should be safe.”
Derius smiled, his middle-aged face cracking a wrinkle.

A moment of silence fell upon the room as Percy noticed a slight red-stain on Derius’s pocket.

“Hey, what’s that near your pocket?”
Percy slightly opened his mouth in confusion.

“Hmm? Oh yeah, that’s just some berries i squished into brewing some wine, I’m going on a date tonight.”
Derius wiped the stain off his coat with his thumb and smiled.

“Anyways, Percy may you follow me into my experiment room?”
Derius walked off to meet him there.

“What for-”
Percy tried speaking however the door would be closed fast behind Derius.

Percy turned around to look at Nickolas and Violet, both shrugged, leaving Percy to enter Derius’s office after a deep breathe.

Once he entered the room, there were several shelves with various creations and high-quality elixirs he had created over his lifetime.

“I need your help, Mr. Calding.”
Derius sat near a table with his fingers closed together.

“Yeah, with what?”
Percy responded, watching Derius get up off his chair and walk towards an empty item-stand.

“You see, there is something i have been needing to tell you, i would have so days ago, but i can’t keep it waiting.”
Derius stood up, walking behind Percy.

Percy felt a sudden rush of fear, it was strange, it was almost like his magic was warning him of a threat.

“You-”
Derius would about to speak before the door bashed open.

“Percy, there is a situation over at the entrance of Silent Tower, they need the Flare!”
Nickolas entered the room out of breath, all while looking at the disappointed face of Derius.

“Alright, i- guess I’ll be there as soon as possible!”
Percy got off his chair, staring at Derius as he exited the room.

“Ill-timed moment Mr. Barion.”
Derius growled as he also left the room.

| 10 Minutes Later | Whispering Forest |

Percy had his suspicions of Derius, he used to be a huge fan, supporting and adoring everything he has done for Magius, but it confused him how he managed to pay such an extreme fine of 1.5 million crowns, he even started to believe he purposefully caused the Weather Storm to occur.

Percy shook his head, not buying his own mind of thoughts and continued walking.

“Civilians stay back!”
A crowd in the distance near the silent tower appeared as an injured man was on the floor.

Percy, with his Flare hero-suit raced over to see what was happening.

“Is this man alright?”
Percy spoke to one of the Magic Scouts.

“He had suffered severe burns on his left arm and upper torso, fire magic.”
The Scout replied.

“Do you have any leads on where they culprit went after hurting this man?”
Percy responded back.

“Yes, a squad of pirates, including himself were going about Northwest from here.”
The Scout replied.

“Bell Village.”
Percy realized, knowing that the group of bandits were likely heading off to their next."

Percy started running towards Bell Village, leaping off rocks and fallen trees that blocked his path.

“!”
When Percy made it to the Village, everything was on fire with about a dozen injured Guards and Pirates alike scattered all over the grassy field.

“It’s the Flare, take him out fast!”
A pirate spoke as three others readied their flintlocks

Percy evaded all their bullets and followed up by leaping into the air and releasing a Flare Blast at them, defeating them all as he entered the village.

Percy’s senses were all crowded, he felt a magical presents within his hands, the smell of burnt wood flowing into his nostrils, hearing screams of townsfolk and tasted the fowl wind of ash that went into his mouth.

Just then, two pirates, the supposed leaders of the Crew approached Percy.

“Ah yes, the Flare, i was hoping Dark Jaguar would have made it, but you’d do just finely.”
Captain Anchor spoke, taking off his grey hood and equipping his sunken sword.

“What do you want from me?”
Percy spoke to them.

“To send a message that heroes as yourself, should not mess with us…FIRE BLAST!”
The second leader, First-Mate Jared roared, blasting fire towards Percy.

Percy would effortlessly dodge the attack, about to take out the Dark Pirate wizard until…

“Rising Tide!”
Captain Anchor revealed his swords power, knocking Percy high into the air.

“Fire Blast!”
First Mate, Jared Lamina blasted Percy mid-air, knocking him onto a roof of a building.

“Uagh!”
Percy rested on the roof of the building, the flame searing past his chest armour and into his skin.

“Help, HELP!”
Percy heard the pleads of help throughout the village, unable to save them all while being attacked by two high-level Pirates.

But just then, Percy noticed that the Sunken Sword has water magic as well as the entire village being lit up with fire, if he can manage to evade all the water attacks and make it extinguish the buildings, the citizens may walk out the house and escape…

“Hey! You wanted a hero? You got one!”
Percy jumped down from the building and confronted them both.

Captain Anchor began releasing a frenzy of water-based attacks at Percy with the Sunken sword, Percy, being agile enough to evade all the attacks while dashing across the entire town, each water attack hitting a building, putting out the flames.

Citizens slowly started to exit the buildings and ran out of town towards a Magic Council Base that was nearby. After a while of evading, the whole town was extinguished and everyone had been saved, however, Percy was out of Stamina.

“Fire Barrage!” “Water Control!”
Both Captain Anchor and First-Mate Jared blasted him with water and fire attacks.

“Hrugh, aaaAAAAH!”
Percy screamed in pain, being burnt and cooled off over and over again.

He stood there in pain as the two pirates laughed at the boy’s suffering. This was it for Percy, he saved as much people as he could in his life but now…it has to come to an end? No… No…NO!

Percy powered through the pain, grunting in agony as he slowly tried moving backwards, if he managed to move out the way, Captain Anchor’s water would go through the rapid blasts of fire by Jared and take him out.

“AH!”
In a sudden motion, Percy leaped backwards, the water going through all of Jared’s attacks and hit him directly into the head, blasting him through a building wall, knocking him out.

“Using the law of nature against me? I’m honored.”
Captain Anchor dropped his sword on the ground and placed his hands over his head as Magic Council Guards arrested him and First-Mate Jared.

“But those who honor me won’t see the last until i finally take them out.”
Captain Anchor spoke his last words, smiling as he was dragged away by the Magic Guards.

“Let’s hear it for the Flare!”
One of the citizens yelled as the rest began cheering.

“…”
Percy smiled; however, the overwhelming pain eventually took its toll of his body and he fell down to the floor.

“I’ll take it from here.”
The last words that echoed in Percy’s mind as he closed his eyes.

-The End-

2 Likes

Gonna read and do the critique once at home

Once was enough, thank you