The Grand Fire Curses are basically pointless

if you got the water curse you aren’t losing your shit nearly as fast

ye water curse can go both ways but it mostly wont make u insane as fast like fire

wait wasn’t there an entire debacle on the water curse being tidal curse and what not?

well I don’t think Prometheus made the fire curses to outright kill him, i mean if he built something simular like a giant robot, curse beard would have immediately destroyed it with him along with it, so I think he was trying to be sneaky and created the fire curse weak enough to fly under cursebeard’s radar but powerful enough to (in theory) destroy him.

haha green fire go brrrrr

Nah, he just wants to take the curses, not specifically murder them lmao (and I don’t think every curse user is sick of immortality)

I think it also depends on their mental fortitude, like how Cursebeard had 4 curses (blaze especially) but never went batshit insane

Has it crossed your mind that when the absorption curse takes something from a person, such as a magic or curse, the person who got it taken dies

yeah i just didn’t include mental fortitude as it’s a given. having high mental fortitude allows you to not get screwed over as easy but it can just as easily deteriorate.

cursebeard you could argue didn’t go insane because he was there and forced prometheus to make the curses he wanted. so him removing anything that would impair him such as insanity and other things wouldn’t be present/ affect him specifically at the least.

might go to it’s normal insanity inducing traits based off the element but who knows

pk wanted to destroy curses specifically unless they could be left off to ppl that are trusted like averil, trigno, ppl that were present when the magic council existed, arsen, etc.

some ppl assume that they would take the curses for themselves but they at best would just take the magic from problematic individuals. thus leaving other curses to be destroyed cause if they die the absorption curse is realistically the only curse u can get aside from the other trusted users possessing it.

ignoring the near impossible probability of finding the rare curses like promethean flame cause that thing floating in space somewhere. magic may not be as strong from their curse counterparts but they suffice enough once you got a mastery over em.

Eh, I don’t rly think it’s that “deteriorating” since we do have Trigno and such who’re absolutely fine

mfw headcanon

i meant mental fortitude deteriorating cause things and events can boost but also screw ur mental fortitude. hence it deteriorating, didn’t meant it sound like it was a guarantee just wanted to point out how volatile it can be

but cursebeard forcing prometheus isn’t a head cannon tho ._. and ig u can say so but it makes sense when you think about it.

a dude that can make and modify magic to the purest form it can be with it’s benefits and downsides and ur forcing him to create it. since magic has been seen to mess with people especially of “dark” magic it’d make sense that he’d force the downsides out for him specifically as best he could. helps put him above others even by a slight margin and prevent him from going onto a rampage like rupin, kraken, morrock, etc.

this does put a hole where if he could why couldn’t he do that for the grand fire curses for future users. but can be argued that it was specifically meant and modified for cursebeard rather than random ppl of different talents and limits. he would never know who would find it ontop of no way of determining if they’ll become a durza or theos. so he kinda left it to it’s most natural state and hoped for the best

we dont care

36 Likes

Bro. Imagine vetex commenting on your post just to say we don’t care

WE DONT CARE LMFAO I AM LITERALLY DYING

3 Likes

11 Likes

I mean, if I made a knife specifically for killing a particularly annoying chicken that shits all over my house and the chicken gets ran over by a car the next day, that doesn’t necessarily mean the knife itself is pointless now. All that means is that I have to find something else to use the knife for.

That’s obviously because they were shitters with low power levels.

4 Likes

this sounds a little specific, you and the chickens alright?

Yeah, in the sense that no chickens I’ve known have been knived or ran over, and that I haven’t really gotten so insane that I’d genuinely make a knife to kill a chicken, I guess.

Chickens are really annoying though, especially when they aren’t your chickens and the owner doesn’t know how to use a fucking fence. Sometimes I really did feel like killing one of them.

1 Like

TRUE

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.