The Hollow |₪| Chapter 2 |₪| “Megan means pearl”

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╲◇╱╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

Ocean was calm, skies were clear and wind was blowing just in the perfect direction for sailing right to Redwake. Don was standing at the steering wheel looking at the gigantic rock spires in the distance - Redwake was near. He locked the wheel in one place, so that it wouldn’t turn, and walked inside the ship’s cabin to check on a girl he picked up on Dawn island. When he entered inside, the girl was already looking in his direction, maybe she heard his footsteps as he was entering? “You’re probably hungry, am I right?” Don asked her as he walked to the box with food and opened it. He took out 3 different mushrooms, some spices and lemon, with those items in hands Don walked to a small furnace that was placed near the girl, and lit fire. Don started cooking.

Girl was looking at all of his actions: as he was cutting mushrooms, as he was putting them into a pot and as he was putting lemon juice and spices. Each now and then Don was walking out of the cabin and checking their course, then coming back and continuing cooking. After around 15-20 minutes he finished cooking and poured some of what he cooked in a bowl. “I’m not the greatest chef ever…” he started while taking a sip from the bowl “…but this should be at least edible.” Don said as he walked to the girl and sat beside her. Because of her physical state she wasn’t able to eat herself so he started feeding her himself. After the first spoon she quietly mumbled “A bit sour…”. Don was surprised when he heard her voice, her emotionless, cold voice…“Seems like your voice is back…Nice to hear it” Don said smiling.

After she finished eating, Don walked back on deck and unlocked the steering wheel. Redwake was 30 minutes away from them.

After some sailing, they reached a Redwake island and Don docked his sailboat in local port. He came back to the cabin and walked to the girl saying “We just arrived. Let me help you get up, we are gonna go to my friend who might help you.”. He helped her get up, but this time Don noticed that the girl already could somewhat stand though he decided to still carry her using himself as her crutch.

They walked out of the cabin and a bright light hit the girl in the face causing her to squint a bit, but she quickly opened her right eye(left eye was bandaged)…She saw big wooden port that were surrendered by gigantic rock spires. She saw houses that were built in those rock spires. She saw bridges between those spires that were connecting houses one to another. And as they with Don walked out of port, she saw many different wooden bases that were connecting many different rock spires together, there were many different shops and many different people walking there. Despite her face being emotionless the whole time, Don could clearly tell that she was fascinated by this place.

“This place is called Redwake, it’s a large town placed between those gigantic rock spires…I’m not quite sure who even thought of building this town, but hey…It was a pretty crazy idea, wasn’t it?” Don said with a smile as they walked through the town. Whole time Girl’s eye were wandering around the place, she was looking at every building she saw, at every bridge she could see. So in short, she was amazed by this place.

They were walking around 40 minutes through the town, they walked away from the crowded center of town to more empty lower levels of Redwake, along the rock spires bases. After another 15 minutes, they reached the house inside one of the rock spires. It had a sign with a picture of a magic dagger, potion and glass sphere on it. What kind of shop is it?

Don opened the door and the bell on top of it rang. “I’m coming!” a female voice came from the second floor, and after some seconds a young woman appeared on the staircase. She was short with blonde hair, wearing a blue wizard-like robe that was half-open, underneath the robe woman was wearing white blouse. On top of head she had a brown wizard hat with a bright blue gem in it, her pants were gray and on the left side she was wearing a small bag. “Welcome to my sho-…Oh it’s you Don! Long time no see hehe. You’re finally back from your journey, and who is that?” Woman quickly walked down the staircase and to Don with the girl.

Don walked to a nearby chair and put the girl on it. “Found her on shore of Dawn Island. She barely moves and seems like lost her memory. I thought that you might have something that would help her” Don said, looking at the woman with a friend-like smile.

“Lost memory you say? Hmm…” Woman looked at the sitting girl who was looking back at her. “Don’t worry Della, I’ll pay for everything.” He says but the woman quickly walks to him and lightly punches him in the shoulder “Don’t even mention paying me, you are my main source of potion ingredients after all.” Della said with a smile and small giggle.

Della walked behind the counter and opened some shelves. “By the way, what’s her name?” she asked, meaning the name of the sitting girl. Girl looked in the nearby window, and then at Don who thinked for a second. “None…” the girl quietly said with a hoarse voice. “Hm? Sorry I didn’t hear what she said, Don can you repeat?” Della said as she took several bottles from one of the shelves.

Don looked at the girl who was looking back at him without any emotion, as always. “She…she said she dont remember.” Della walked to them and started taking off some bandages from the girl’s body. “She doesn’t remember? That’s no use. Everyone should have a name! Hm…How about we give you a name instead?” Della said. “D-Della hold on, she’s not a pet to name her however we want…” Don said with a nervous voice. “And what will people call her then? Hey girl! or Hey you!???” Della replied with a bit of an annoyed tone. They started arguing. While that, when Della took all the bandages from the girl’s body, the girl started touching her own skin - such a strange feeling, nothingness? Emptiness? Her skin was cold and she barely could feel it.

After 2 minutes of argument between Don and Della, the girl said with a hoarse voice. “Don found me…He has all the rights to call me whatever he wants…”. They stopped, and Della quickly added “HA! See, she doesn’t mind us naming her! So let’s see…Hmm…” She started looking around her shop, and her eye was catched by a small reddish pearl. “How about Megan?” she said after.

“Megan?” Don asked. “Uhh…Well you know, Megan means pearl…And you found her on shore, and you often bring me all kinds of pearls from shores…Come on! Don’t say you didn’t get it?.” Della asked, and the girl looked at the pearl. “I suppose that sounds acceptable for a name…” Megan said quietly, trying to smile but failing really badly. “Okay…Megan…let’s get you upstairs to my room. Don help me get her there.” Della said as she and Don picked up Megan and started walking upstairs, then in the first room there was on the second floor. Then they put her on bed and walked out of the room. “Thanks Della.” Don said as they closed the door in the room where Megan was laying. "

“Okay so, you can come within 2-3 days, but not tomorrow, cause i need to check her and apply new bandages. So…” While Della was talking Don opened his bag and took out around 400-500 galleons and handed them to Della. “Hm? What are those?’ Della asked. “Lets just say that i’m covering your spendings on Megan” He replied, giving galleons in her hands and walking downstairs.

“Woah woah woah, Don. I don’t need those money, I already told you - I don’t need money from you, i’ll take care of her for free.” Della said while running down the staircase, but Don already just left. “Little bastard…” She said.

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

Thank for reading this chapter.
At moment of releasing this chapter i already finishing third one(or half way done) and i starting to notice 1 interesting thing: all my chapters are in about 2 pages of Google document(Like with perfect ending for each chapter, with somewhat good story etc) but if i’ll continue like this then final chapter will be a ±35th chapter. So here is my question

Should i increase the size of next chapters?
  • Yes, i want to see a bigger chapters. As series progress, lore and size of chapters should too!
  • No, the chapters’ size is normal. Why fix something not broken?
  • |—Comments—|

0 voters

4 Likes

|— Comments —|

Comments

Ya still got alot of things to improve on, but your making noticeable progress.
Keep it up :+1: