The "Human Cannonball" Siege Weapon

The "Human Cannonball" Siege Weapon
effort 4.8125 16 quality 5.0 16 reasonability 4.764705882352941 17

The Idea

With the introduction of the Siege Weapons alongside the release of the Dark Sea, I’ve been having a lot of fun playing around with the Mortars.
But what if you launched players instead of Cannonballs? It’s an absolutely crazy idea and seems completely nonsensical and silly, but I think it at least has some potential uses. It’s a long shot, but here it goes.

Possible Uses

• The Dark Sea: Not everybody likes climbing those super duper high islands, and launching
    yourself upwards might save you the time of climbing up and down to grab all those chests.
  • Boarding Ships: I see his being used to board ships mainly in PvP scenarios. If someone is speeding away from you, then you can launch someone into the enemy ship to catch up to them.
  • Schmovement: No longer need to wish you had a max intensity wind build friend to launch you up the stepstones, lol.

The Details

A player would get into the Cannon by holding “Q.” After that, The player inside can either launch themselves or be launched by other players the same way you would launch any other Siege Weapon.
When players are launched, they can’t use any abilities or movement until they touch the ground. They could also take a bit of damage upon launch, and maybe it would be pretty funny if players took damage if you hit a wall while being launched. The range could be limited to a wide cone in front of the ship and have a large cooldown applied to it. As a restriction, I think this object could use a fair amount of Magic Storage on each use.
Additionally, could have things like loading your sealed chests, but I’m not sure if that’s as useful. Alternatively, this weapon could launch a harpoon rope instead which players can use as a zipline.

Here are some examples of games that have done stuff like this before:

Sea of Thieves

Airship Assault

Possible Lore

This Player Launcher Cannon could originate from the Sky Islands, using the same technology used to keep Skyships afloat. However, instead of using all those clouds to push a ship upwards, it’s a giant explosion of it to propel the player forward. It could be made of Arcannium Metal and therefore would need Ship Magic Storage to use.

Name Ideas

cuz idk what to name this to fit into lore

• Cloudcannon
  • Stratus Sling
  • Contrail Catapult
  • Maybe something related to Icarus or Daedalus

Feel Free to Reply with any additional ideas and criticism, it’ll be appreciated.
As of now, I’m having difficulty coming up with a name. I’m also looking to see if there could be any alternative uses or applications.
Upvotes will help a lot if you wanna see this idea in game!

19 Likes

neat

3 Likes

“Ravennaian mortars are guided by Zeus!”

4 Likes

A way to not have to spend 4 minutes climbing up an island just to get one chest and fall back down like Kratos for the fifth time. You have my vote sir
(It is now better that we can carry two chests, but even then it can be a hassle)

4 Likes

Being able to be launched to traverse vertically is cool, especially if you aren’t a mage or berserker with leaps.

3 Likes

agagagagagaggagaa.

2 Likes

“Zeus is keraxean”

2 Likes

Invading fort talos with launched players would be funny as hell

2 Likes

YES YES! WE NEED THIS! (Sentence clear)

it was either supposed to be added or a tester suggestion with a ton of votes, but i dont hate bringing the topic back again

1 Like

Pretty neat! I made this thing part of my suggester application and I decided to make a full post about it.

the grand navy launching 3 vice captains onto my ship

1 Like

The 30k+ bounty player watching as 3 navy majors descend upon their ketch

4 Likes

Of course we need that

alongside this. allow me to launch my (NPC) crew members into combat
imagine someone fighting at munera and you just “requesting air support” and the 5 brigs near munera bombard the arena with low accuracy cannon fire

2 Likes

On one hand, this idea is silly beyond compare.

On the other hand, having a faster way to climb is an automatic yes in my book.

3 Likes

Reading the comment section while listening to this gave me a good laugh.

it should also deal dammage to both players on landing (the person getting goomba stomped, and you for choosing to launch out of a cannon)

3 Likes

Would be funny, but I’m not sure on the damage or the balance on that. I think it would be better to just stick to schmovement

Bumping

1 Like