The "Make Up Your Own Patch Note" Thread

I have the entire balance team on my side you fool

• reverted the map back to wom’s magius

Well I have been defeated
I want do the strikeout thingamajig for my original post but I don’t know to do it help

• Removed attack speed.
  • All story parts added and level cap raised accordingly
  • Fall damage added
  • Added the entirety of Arcane Reborn to the east of the Bronze Sea. Fuck you.

This runs in conflict with

This also runs in conflict with

• Re added the exilied and minotaur as roaming bosses (like evander) and all their boss drops

Hold on I can fix this

• Arcturus arcanium now gives resistance
    :nod:
  • If two boats ram into each other they are forced into a clash, which functions exactly how clashing did in AA, except this time it is with boats. Regular attacks clashing will not do this due to balancing issues.
The list so far

Changes

• Additions

• Imbuements can now create hazards based on their source
    • You can now see the time players have spent across all of their files
    • All story chapters and parts have been added
    • Fall damage has been added
    • The entirety of Arcane Reborn has been added and can be found to the East of Magius, in the ocean
    • The Exiled and the Minotaur can now be found across all of the world as roaming bosses
    • Boats can now ram into each others and initiate a clash similar to Arcane Adventure’s
    • A legendary reagent that can be found in chests at a 1/100,000 chance (increasing with the chest’s rarity and doubling if said chest is found within the dark sea) has been added
      • This reagent can be used to brew a potion that resets your invested stats, magic, fighting style, weapons, spells, techniques, spirit weapons, weapons skills, spirit rites, armor, and removes your character’s level cap once consumed
  • Removals

• The female upper torso rig has been removed
    • Thermo Fist has been removed
  • Balance

• All types of firearms now inflict realistic damage
    • Resistance now affects blocking powe
    • Attack Speed has been removed
    • Arcturus stat scaling on arcanium items is now 100% Resistance
  • Miscellaneous

• Data has been wiped
    • The level cap has been raised to 200
    • The entire map has been reverted back to World of Magic’s Magius

If your added change has been modified or isn’t here, it must have run in conflict with another. Notify me (@yrni0) whenever you add a new note, I will be keeping this list up to date.

• Added a new reagent
    – This is a legendary reagent that both uncaps your level as well as lets you select your stats, magic (with apropriate points for future lost and ancient magics), fighting style (w/requirements), weapons, spells, techniques, spirit weapons, weapons skills, spirit writes, and armor.
    – Untradeable, can not be farmed from clans, obtained through regular chests at 1/100k, silver at 1/99k, and gold at 1/98k. In dark sea chances are doubled (1/50k, 1/48k, 1/46k)

dang i just put mine and now it has to be added (if it works)

yipee

I really like the fact that the map being changed to magius and the wom bosses returning are seperate things.
Presumably no other wom enemies have returned (unless someone wants to add that as a patch note)

Don’t forget that the entire story of AO will now take place in Magius. It still is the Grand Navy keeping peace, you still are fighting the order of aesir, and you still can spawn a boat and sail it to Arcane Reborn.

• Added the balance team’s 150m Hecate Radius notification "you feel a strange magic presence nearby and buffed its rates in the far reaches from 1/12 to 1/3. Additionally, Hecate essence can now spawn in the insanity 2 range of the dark sea at 1/6, in the insanity 1 range at 1/12, and in the insanity 0 range at 1/24.
  • You are now given a force field while selecting your new magic.
  • Removed Boxing’s blocking power and gave it the same synergies as wind
  • Buffed Boxing’s size affinity to 1.025, and Basic Combat’s Size and Speed to 1.025
  • Changed Boxing’s fighting gear to 50% Size 50% Speed, and Basic Combat’s to 100% Power
  • Buffed Ash’s speed affinity to 1.0 and nerfed its size affinity down to 1.2
  • NPCs Above level 80 no longer use M1s
  • All tiers now scale with level, and increasing your stat respective to your total stat points will instead increase a tier multiplier.
    Example: At level 140 all magic builds are at tier 3, but the Warlock multiplier on this is 0.8, and the Savant multiplier is 0.7.
  • Removed Armor Piercing and Resistance (they suck), and all gear with them has had the stats replaced with the same EP of power or defense
  • Thermo fist now gains half the current amount of heat on missed/ranged attacks, and double the amount of heat on landed attacks.
  • Increased the time needed for the heat bar to fully drain by 1.2x
  • Being at max heat will now put you slightly below overheating, because nothing else in game has something like this.
  • The heat bar no longer drains during multi-hit moves
  • Halved the health of all defenses, and all defenses past tier 4 are no longer unlockable (for now).
  • Decreased the damage of all island firepower (mortars, cannons) by 60%
  • Increased the infamy gained from clan v clan hunts by 1.2x
  • Removed slowness status effect
  • Added Archrono’s Sunken obtainment method, detailed here
  • Revamped Ice & Ash magic’s effects, Ice is now more crystal like, and ash magic is essentially a black and gray version of the vitality effects with red and orange flecks in the mix.
  • You can now purchase 8 Hours of Elysium for 50,000 Galleons through the alchemist
  • You can now only find items above level 100 in the nimbus sea, dark sea included.

I’m sorry, genuinely

• Removed Herobrine