"The man I met on elm island" - Part 2

TW: Slight cartoonish Injury!
In contrast to the previous page, I leaned a bit more into making expressions more pronounced. Since I felt it lacked a bit previously.

That said. On this page I wanted to make it clearer how Lilly felt in the moment.
Heartbeat racing, sudden intense fear of further injury. These factors and the lack of hydration in the scorching sun. It’s all much to bear and causes her to finally break and faint.

Edward on the other hand, only just noticed the injury. He feels embarrassed and is quick to apologize, but his wondering thoughts stray him away from noticing how ill the girl looks and only catching her as the after math.

He hasn’t seen a person in so long , It lead him to act a bit muffled and awkward because He really didn’t mean to cause harm to an innocent person.

I also aimed to depict a somewhat realistic process of fainting so It doesn’t feel out of the blue or lackluster, as it’s important to the story and will look goofy otherwise ahahah.

Hope you like it! Tell me if you want a part 3 to this where I’ll wrap this short comic for now ✿

28 Likes

Uwahhhh yay! A part two! Edward being awkward is cute and poor poor Lily, the way you captured the scenes are really cool! I love how you made the text look wobbly during the fainting scene :laughing: I ran out of hearts. Again :sob:
( I would enjoy a part 3, want to know more aaaaaa)

1 Like

@rouver2345 part 2 is here!

1 Like

Aaaiiii alrighty!! I’m really happy to know!!

Hopefully Ed has some medical supplies on him :pensive:

Thank you for the meal :relieved::pray:

1 Like

Giselle from bleach

Just want to say that this is kind of useless because it’s placed under the image; most people will probably see the cartoonish injury before the warning.

No healing vials?

hydration is important in a million degree weather

:sparkling_heart: Goddamn, this is awesome. I’m ecstatic to see that you have learnt new skill while drawing this. If you continue, you may very well become one of the most expressive artist on this forum.

1 Like

Aweee that’d be so fun!! I hope so! Cause I have so much to tell! :smiley:

Ya… I hoped it’d help just a bit I guess, for the discord repost maybe when you scroll down, but not as much for the forums unfortunately . But I tried to simplify it so it doesn’t look as detailed