The Music "Update"

The Music "Update" https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/9/1/916d681c3ed0fd5d9c3d029649adc2fcd4067f32.jpeg
effort 4.0 7 quality 4.571428571428571 7 reasonability 4.428571428571429 7

Hello, I am back for my monthly suggestion! (Not this guy again)

Radios and Record Players

Yes yes, the newest and latest innovation of the War Seas, brought to you by the Jurasvera.

How does it work?

Well my friend, you can get this for your ship from Nimbus sea+ sealed chests, you can even get a special “ruined” variant from dark sea chests that comes with its own dark sea OST “into insanity”. Once built for 1,500 galleons and put in your ship it will be placed on your desk.

You can also buy the record player for your clan islands which can be put on any placeable surface.

Each individual OST has to be uncovered through various “shattered records” where you have to find them via chests. You can find the shattered records more commonly on the island that the OST belongs to (i.e. you are more likely to find the redwake OST at redwake).

It takes 4 shattered records to be able to craft them into one single OST record.

Radios will not require discs, instead it will play community made tracks and various official OSTs at random. As an added immersion effect, these OSTs will become very staticky in the dark sea.

Bards and Instruments

Bards

Now you can hire one of your shipcrew to be able to play “invigorating” music, to upgrade these deckhands you need to find various “music” pages which can be found via chests, wandering merchants or you can sell shattered records to receive music pages in return, providing buffs to the player in combat when on or close to their ship.

##Instruments
These will be just for fun and will not provide buffs to the player. You can find these in any chests and will play an OST if the required music sheets are found and will change the OST to make it sound like it is being played by that instrument (i.e. guitar, clarinet, war horn).

Enjoy :slight_smile:
If you would like the OBJ link to the gramophone model, I would be happy to dm it on discord “ascabolus”

OIP
OIP
download

16 Likes

time to decorate my ship to look like an atlantean one, make a guild with the atlantean logo and play the atlantean ship theme on my ship to terrorize all the innocent souls

4 Likes

As a musician (And a PVE player), I’m very happy to see this suggestion.
Furthermore I believe this idea has huge potential in AO from cosmetics to tools and weapons
and playble instruments.
But complicated mechanics aside, I would love to hear more music implemanted in the game.

1 Like

For a moment I thought this was something saying we needed battle music or just less forgettable songs overall. That said, this is nice. I’ll take it.

Well that’d also be appreciated

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Can’t wait to trigger my PTSD when the Radio randomly plays Calvus’s theme

Low level players when they hear Elius’ theme randomly pull up while sailing

also make it to where we can play our own songs and make our own sheets, and maybe even for a little more immersion, share those sheets through trading :pray:

i love instruments, and i hope we’d also get further immersion by making it so our crew hums songs or something.

(i know it’d be a copyright issue but i wanna be able to hire a musician to play Bink’s Sake and the crew hums it as well.)

(AND FOR A LITTLE MORE IMMERSION, make it to where our character bobs their head or taps their foot up and down to the beat of the music pleaseeee)

1 Like

cant wait to play megalovania on my birch wood/moonlight mage

SANS?!?! (Full sentence)

aw man, i was gonna suggest that, but that would add more depth and life to ao’s world, i like this one piece type aesthetic where they have modern technology through alternative means, like arcanium powered jukeboxes that have a bigger range or something

1 Like

make it so that you can hire bards for clan islands to give you buffs while you’re there, to more easily defend

On my island they discovered arcanium lights :money_mouth_face:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is musician someone who plays multiple instruments or is just one enough to be a musician, and nice. What kind of instrument you play?

one is enough, but practical and theoretical goes hand in hand so knowing theory can sometimes make you a musician, I play Guitar Piano Drums and Bass guitar

nice i only play two of those

Here’s my take on it – anyone would be able to play music to some extent while holding an instrument (and maybe entering some sort of ‘playing mode’) by pressing keys on their keyboard connected to the various sounds they could play on a given instrument, etc etc. Players would also be able to find sheets of music in chests and as rewards for quests, (maybe even as boss drops…?) that allow them to play pre-recorded pieces on the instrument they have equipped - no keyboard memorization required, but still requiring effort to be able to play.

The songs available would vary based on the instrument the player is using; instruments themselves would likely be fairly uncommon, with fancier or more exotic ones being rarer or more expensive. Complex, long, and lore important music would be very rare, sometimes even needing the player to collect sheet fragments to be able to play the full thing. Any given sheet would only be written for one certain instrument, meaning that a fair amount of trading would be further prompted.

Finally, many pieces would require an ensemble of different instruments to play. Players in the same party that are close together and have instruments equipped would be able to choose a song to all play together. A specific song could occasionally be required for a quest, to get into a certain area, or to receive part of a puzzle or lore piece. Pieces could also obviously be played for fun - perhaps a group of collectors could perform a rare piece for an onlooking audience, stuff like that. Sound from player’s instruments would be toggleable in the settings.

1 Like

WOuld this give a buff when you’re in the range of the music, such as the invigorating effect or smn?

ok wait hear me out, canonically it could be a disc with small arcanium beads on it
each bead has a different magic imbued onto it, and each magic is associated with a different pitch
this would be a canon explanation for music records