The new members of the gang (discussion)

There was a small discussion of this in the Arthub, and I feel like this is a suitable topic to also discuss here.

In Vetex’s and Tech’s most recent QnA, they revealed that MC’s gang will be getting some new members, by quote “You will meet the LAST 3 in Nimbus Sea”. And that some of them will be or become Curse Users like Morden.

This means our group is basically 6-7 members, (uhh… Neviro counts right?).

Okay, so thats 7 people. Which is concerning cause AO actually has a rule of 6 (6 Seas, 6 Corsairs, 6 Order High Lords). So someone’s gonna die… probably.

What kind of characters do you think will join? We already have:

• The MC (Player)
  • The Lancer (Morden)
  • The Big Guy (Iris, cause her temper lol)
  • The Smart Guy (Neviro)

All of the above are outcasts and have nothing better to do lol.

The only character that we know of so far that I feel would actually join our little group of outcasts is Shura, as he’s technically also another person with no place to go, lmao (he’s just chilling) Needs to be under the right circumstances for him to join tho.

1 Like

I think its too early to really take potshots at who we will get aboard the team.

2 Likes

I don’t really know who they’re going to be, but I do think that there’s going to be a similar situation as the part with Averill in AA, where you get into a fight against maybe another curse user together with our new friend, and we manage to defeat them, but our friend is about to die, so we give them the curse of that curse user we just defeated to save them

Is Neviro really part of the group? He’s only with us for a little bit before leaving. I’ve always kinda considered him as an ally/friend of the group rather than actually being in it.

They are 6 if we exclude ourselves

Yeah, but that might only be the case for now, and will permanently join the group when he joins us on the journey after he’s done with Ravenna.

But again, Im not entirely sure. Though, Vetex did once say that our relationship with him is growing, so it might indicate we get to know him more later on. We’re gonna have to see.

There’s also the fact that we’re possibly forming a group of 6, and how so far, there’s usually 6 people as leaders organizations so far (Aesir, Corsair), makes me wonder if these 6 characters will become leaders post-story. Only there, I can def see Neviro as part of the group, as he’s the most “leader” like character in the group.

When I think of who will join the MC, I think of the possible build they have. Right now, we have one Savant (MC), presumably two Mages if you count Curses (Morden and Iris), and probably a Knight (Neviro). Assuming we don’t get any other repeats, there’ll probably be a Warden and a Strength-based character somewhere.

Wait, could it be two for each? Two Mages (Morden, Iris), Two Warriors (Neviro, ???), Two Berserkers? (???, ???)

Hmm…

1 Like

I really hope wotan joins us somehow… even if he’s not main group, I still want my theory of him being a counterpart mentor to warren to be true :sob:

Eh…? O.O

Well like

I assume wotan is a strength user somehow

and since Warren presumably uses inferno magic I hope wotan has like some kind of red ancient fighting style as a counterpart

and unlike Warren, maybe they’d be loud and outgoing? if the 2 meet then we can have options as characters to choose who to follow the advice of more throughout the story perhaps

follow warren’s path or follow wotans’s, maybe a mix of both, idk

(also they both start with a W cmon it’s such a freebie)

1 Like

I want to hear how you think that would happen. Cause I’m having a hard time visualizing it between him supposedly being an evil conqueror and having a kingdom to run, but I’m really interested in how you think he could join us.

1 Like

-Warren has personal beef with Wotan

-Decides to manipulate us into thinking he’s a jerk

-We meet him alone, he’s actually a pretty nice guy, toughened up by battle, maybe politically powerful like Warren too.

-We realize Wotan doesn’t like Warren either, they had some kind of disagreement in the past.

-Wotan and Warren play off each other with extremely conflicting personalities and choices that we have the authority to pick and choose who’s idea is better, which can affect gameplay possibly.

2 Likes

So then what’s the deal with “the conqueror” stuff? That title didn’t just come from Warren telling us and it seems Sameria fears Keraxe as well.

maybe he did actually have wars and stuff but he might just be a chill dude at heart

though Warren still seems to dislike him, maybe even because of political views.

(this is literally a metaphor for liberals and republicans if my theory is true)

1 Like

If there is any sort of political metaphors and commentary in the game I really hope its kept subtle, I don’t mind political themes in games but it can be really annoying when its too on the nose.

There’s definitely going to be a waifu and some old guy in his 600s and some cheery guy who betrays us and joins us back

and the shadowy entity beyond human comprehension who will guide us through a few sneaking scenes and then mysteriously disappear for a whole chapter only to come back being 3x as powerful

Isnt that just Warren?

Wait, I think youre talking about Neviro for that later half lmao

more like morden, but yeah