⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Whirlpools... and Nothing Else!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Tuesday, October 5, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Listen While You Read!

Hydrocity Zone Act 1
By Jonny Atma

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Sonic 3 Music: Hydrocity Zone Act 1 - YouTube

:scroll:

Development News!

There’s not too much TGR information for this anchor. I’ve talked a lot the past few, but this time i’m in the mood to get it done with. Is that a good mindset? Probably not, but i’m not exactly legendary in terms of having a great attitude towards anything…

Let’s begin :nod:!

Last anchor, we left off in the midst of the near completion of Whirlpools. That’s the main thing this anchor will be looking over :cyclone:.

First of all, whirlpools can now despawn and have their own animation for doing so. We don’t want whirlpools to stay forever. That would definitely cause issues.

But now we need their functionality. Here’s a screenshot showcasing v1.7.13…

Screenshot 2021-10-05 9.52.49 AM

A lot to read here :v:! As you can see, your ship is definitely not safe from these oceanic anomalies.

When you first touch a whirlpool, your boat becomes uncontrollable and the process begins :fr:

Whirlpools will slowly drag your boat towards the bottom center. Larger whirlpools are much stronger, and will drag boats faster, making them more dangerous (Along with their larger size). Steering your ship away from the whirlpool will reduce the speed your boat gets dragged in by 33%.

When your ship is being sucked into a whirlpool, it will take damage over time, the damage getting more intense as you get closer to the middle. When you get to the middle the damage becomes extreme.

This damage is also affected by some other factors. The larger the whirlpool, the more the damage. The stability of your ship also lowers the damage it will take from a whirlpool. This means that bigger, more stable ships take longer to be destroyed.

However, not all hope is lost. Though it seems like whirlpools are inescapable and overpowered, every second you’re in a whirlpool, a dice is rolled for your freedom :mariomug:. For the best chance at this. Things that increase this chance are…

• Being further away from the center of the whirlpool
  • Having a good stability stat
  • Small whirlpool size
  • Being sucked in against the wind

Consider these factors when you, too, become the victim of a watery vortex :skull:

Let’s say your boat got quickly destroyed, and now YOU’RE in the whirlpool. This, um, is a quite disadvantageous position for you, obviously.

Whirlpools will also drag in players and NPCs, making them even scarier. However, you too have a chance to escape :nod:.

When you’re being sucked in, an “ESCAPE” button will appear on your screen. If you want to escape, you need to click this as fast as possible :flushed:.

However, not only mashing is involved. You have a better chance of escaping if you have a better strength stat, making berserkers and strength builds better whirlpool escapers :muscle:. You also have a better chance if you’re in a weaker and smaller whirlpool.

These are the big things about whirlpools! There’s also 2 hints about them :thinking:, and a new death message.

And three new game stats as well, these being Whirlpools Escaped, Deaths by Whirlpool, and Whirlpool Escape Percentage, for flexing your “whirlpool escapee” savvy!

A few fixes :wrench:

Screenshot 2021-10-05 10.35.53 AM

And whirlpools are done :clap:! Look at this glorious “Finished” tag :arrow_down:!

Screenshot 2021-10-05 10.38.17 AM

And that’s also another task on “To-Do” done!

For the first time in months, we see another thing crossed off! Let’s look at the (Inaccurate :sleeper:) completion percentage of the game!

Screenshot 2021-10-05 10.47.20 AM

Wait… NOOOOOOO-

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“Forum does AI dungeon”
By @GlitchingEclipse

Finally, we stumble across another entertaining off-topic adventure! This time, the forum will be (unfortunately :frcryin:) guiding an oblivious protagonist through the events of an AI Dungeon website. What will he uncover? From obtaining several weapons, to unspeakable actions, there’s a lot to see :mariomug:!

Link:
Forum does AI dungeon

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

“Inktober day 1 : Crystal”
By @rouver2345

Finally, October begins. Not only do we have Halloween, Minecon, and the last Smash reveal to look forward to, it’s Inktober, which means the artists will be spitting art at the speed of sound :poggers2:. This Day 1 art depicts Rebecca Fritz with her purple Crystal Magic. It’s again in their unique art style. Great job!

Link:
Inktober day 1 : Crystal

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“The Story of Valcrest | Part Two - Chapter Eight”
By @JayJayAG

With new writers, the frequency of writing is increasing a bit. But of course, we’ll always return to long running series, such as the newest installment (As of writing this) in the Story of Valcrest. This one is fast paced, mysterious, and packed with action you won’t want to miss! I can tell that a lot of effort went into this, much more than the amount I would ever put into anything… :sleeper:

Link:
The Story of Valcrest | Part Two - Chapter Eight

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @StraightInTheEyes! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”v1.6.21”!

This anchor’s riddle is…

”Flare Magic”

_ i _ _ e _

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Arcane Universe Resources
Trello

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

11 Likes
  1. Great Odyssey Feed, I always look forward to these, and they are extremely fun to read! Thanks for makig time for this

2. Singed :sunglasses:

1 Like

NANI?!?

4 Likes

I have fun writing them too! And nice on the riddle, I promise i’ll make these harder some time

1 Like

Yeah when it’s about AO I just zoom over to the trello and speed check everything. On ones that are not about AO tho… I’m screwed.

Can’t wait for knockback to be added :moyai:

:moyai::moyai::moyai:

By the way, I changed “Music you should hear” to “Listen while you read” because I don’t think anyone got that that was the point of it lmao

1 Like

guess new major feature, sharks :moyai: but hey, we can hunt sharks for ez galleons

The adventures of assface: chapter one.

The sussy dragon, baka

5 Likes

the shark found out what i did to his family :moyai:

the white eyes sliding in at the few last seconds is so hilarious for some reasons

when the pools are whirling :flushed:

1 Like

Top 10 anime deaths
Number 1:
Man next to an island
Suddenly 3 sharks went after him next to land, than a bigass shark and he died when his forcefield ran out

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.