The problem with metal magic

okay this might just be me coming off as malding but I seriously think this is an issue.

metal is way too braindead right now.

it hits extremely hard, and although it’s supposed to be slow, that gets kinda defeated when you can spam giant fucking phoenix explosions and beams, on top of that, you can use damage aura to do even MORE damage to shred away your opponent.

in fact, go to this post and watch the video, tell me how this is remotely fair:

(yeah @archrono whiffed some shots but that doesn’t excuse how comically obscene metal mage damage is, especially for a zoner class in such close quarters)

and on top of that, the actual worst problem? I cannot think of any way to nerf metal fairly.

maybe remove bleed? idk making it smaller would make metal too hard to land, making it deal less damage makes it lose its purpose, and making it slower feels like it’s just pointless and that won’t really solve anything.

LETS get this straight i dont think METAL the element is the problem its mages and their synergy with metal. Because when you look at metal on warlocks and conjurers its very balance and if i might add metal on any fighting style other than thermofist is horrendous like it straight up makes it all worse

the nerfs you’re looking for are already in the official balancing document

removing bleed from metal would be interesting but removing synergies is really lame, you have to consider metal is directly competing with earth (both 1x damage multipliers) and the only thing that gives metal an edge over earth is that bleed effect

1 Like

which is why we should nerf earth’s impact as well

so metal still hits like a truck, but it’s smaller compared to earth, which ideally would be a little faster and larger, but hits weaker

and i was thinking about going shadow poison METAL for my build.

personally i dont use metal but i think it needs a big buff, especially when infusing it with fighting styles metal warlock should be buffed. I dont use it though so this is unbiased

one word:

no.

but its really slow and the damage doesnt make up for it
it needs a speed increase and maybe a damage increase

or so ive heard
(idk i dont use it)
(i dont)

are you trying to ruin the game :skull:

just trying to make the world a better place for metal warlocks

and the other metal guys i guess

why would you even want to run metal warlock :skull:

also metal mages and paladins eating way too good rn we do not need more buffs

4 Likes

Lets be honest, does anybody who isn’t a masochist use paladin? And does any paladin actually pick metal?

They’re holding off on metal and earth nerfs for now just to see how the other mage nerfs play out (pulsar, attack size etc)

2 Likes

metal and earth themselves aren’t the issue, its pulsar aura and magic size, all of which earth and metal use very well.

honestly, metal is probably going to be underpowered with pulsar nerfs. right now it’s strong because it abuses pulsar and size shenanigans the best, but the moment you take those two away it’s got nothing.

like, imagine trying to actually land a metal blast on someone in pvp. that shit ain’t happening.

legitimate metal main here :wave:

i completely agree! metal mage is too braindead. ive always tried to stay away from explodions and pulsar cuz they’re degenerate. but, metal is hot garbage without explosions or pulsar! blasts are too high of risk with too little reward

i feel explosions/pulsars on metal deserve a nerf, but blasts maybe a buff??? i think im just stupidly large skill issue but any metal mains should agree with me that metal blasts are useless

As said multiple times the problem mainly stems from the abilities themselves instead of just magic metal, cus when using metal on hybrid builds its subjectively worse ;-;. Rn as @JellyfishEdward said its the pulse, aura and magic size which earth and metal just synergize with very well without any speed drawbacks. Guting metal the element will make other metal hybrid build MUCH MUCH WORSE.

@pristine

Paladin is my war file. I’d hardly call it masochistic to be able to walk into a crowd of Pulsars nigh-unphased and instantly regen over 1100 HP per kill.

(dogshit class if people have or use any form of mobility at all but its fun against bad players)

yeah i use metal warlock the speed reduction is not worth it IMO for the dmg buff